“Very good Italian ”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

We arranged to meet friends visiting from the uk at Cabopino port. We had not booked a table, but as it was a Tuesday night I didn't think it would be necessary. The staff found us a table for 8 of us as it was extremely busy, so definitely book.
The staff were pleasant and efficient.

The menu was vast and it was hard to choose, but my son having read the reviews opted for the spaghetti carbonara and was not disappointed. The children ordered pizzas which they enjoyed. My husband ordered the oxtail stew and it melted in the mouth. Myself and a friend opted for the sea bream which we were expecting 'a la plancha' but unfortunately it came deep fried! It was still tasty but we would have preferred it grilled not fried. Leave room for desserts if you have a sweet tooth, as the chocolate brownie was 'the best' according to the children!

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Set overlooking the marina this is a lovely setting for a meal.
Things started off well when the owner was greeted by some locals who had a reservation which is always a good sign. This also appeared to be the most popular restaurant along the marina as there were queues when we left.
Food is fairly priced and tasted great. Will definitely be paying it a visit again.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Went here to day overpriced and extremely poor service. Got the orders or wrong. Staff was rude and dismissive. Will never go again don't waste your money

Reviewed August 19, 2017

I was recently on holiday in Marbella with my family. Whilst flicking through the brochure of restaurants in the local area, La Despensa stood out as a top choice. As a family, we decided to visit this restaurant in the harbour of Cabopino - we were not let down! It was superb. We arrived whilst the sun was setting in a lovely spot. We ordered the house white wine, and I must say it is probably one of the best wines I've ever had. That is saying something. I chose the penne arrabbiata and asked if I could have it accompanied with chicken. The only thing I would say is that they charged double the price of the pasta for a few slices of chicken...but this was still only 15 Euros. A couple of my family members went for the spaghetti carbonara, which I sneaked a couple of mouthfuls onto my plate (haha). I am not a fan of carbonara...but this...OH MY...it was delicious!!

A really great meal in a really great setting with some fantastic food (and wine)! We will be returning next year on our annual holiday to Marbs. Thank you La Despensa - you done good.

1  Thank robshotton
Reviewed August 16, 2017

This restaurant is fabulous on all counts!! It's located right in the harbour overlooking the boats. The service is fantastic and the food is wonderful. The prices are very reasonable and all ages are welcome. You need to book if wanting eat at popular times. I totally recommend this restaurant - its my absolute favourite!!!

1  Thank OOfishfaceOO