“Great find”

Antigua Casa de Guardia
Ranked #1 of 75 Nightlife in Malaga
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Well whether it be wine or sherry (on balance I personally think it tasted more like sherry!) it was fantastic!. We discovered this little authentic place in Malaga and spent an hour tasting the various samples ranging between 1-3 euros each. By the end we were a little tipsy!! But none the less immensely satisfied! (the 1908 was particularly nice!!)

1  Thank CheneyJawa

Reviewed April 20, 2011

This bodega is historical and one can try many different sweet wines from Malaga at very inexpensive prices ( a glass may cost only 0.80 to 1.20 euros). One can also order some of the tapas available.

I would recommend a visit to this bodega to those who enjoy wine.

6  Thank BennyMalaga
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Popped in for a local vino de Malaga, sweet or dry sherry type wine in small glass. Very authentic environment unique to the area, well worth a visit for any tourist

2  Thank markstravels
Reviewed September 27, 2009

Best place for a pre-dinner drink and appetizer. Fantastic selection of sherries. Very tasty gambas that we pealed ourselves while drinking sherry. A nice start to the evening. Came back the next day to buy a liter to take home. They filled the bottle and corked it while I was standing there!

2  Thank Suur_D
Reviewed June 26, 2009

Okay, first it's not sherry in the casks - its Malaga wine. I personally did not like it. However, it isn't bad really and I'm very glad that I tried a unique local wine. The service from our waiter, however, was terrible. At one point my fiance shrug her shoulders and asked what was wrong, another waiter said the guy was having a bad day. So, the service we received may not be typical - but it wasn't acceptable either. I'm still glad I went, though.