“Great food and open all day”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Clandestino

Clandestino
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Clandestino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #413 of 1,982 Restaurants in Malaga
Good for: Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Centro
Malaga, Spain
“Great food and open all day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

If you fancy something a bit different, check out Clandestino. Good for sharing too as the portions tend to be huge.

Visited September 2011

Leuven, Belgium
“Bit overrated...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Why this restaurant got the 8th place in Malaga is still a question for me, but if you see the restaurant rankings in other cities I can understand. A lot of Tripadvisors like quantity for no money. And that's exactly what Clandestino offers. Nothing of the food was bad, but nothing made me smile or was good enough to go back. I started with a beef carpaccio and my girlfriend with a cesar salad (both mini portions). Both were good, but too big. My girlfriend had enough to eat after her salad. As a main we had pasta serranesa and new south lasagna. Both were alright but lacking a bit of taste and the lasagna was quite heavy. We split one dessert, just for the taste of it, the James Brownies. Again this dish was too heavy and a bit dry.
All in all, we didn't pay much, ate some decent food but I wouldn't go back for a second time. Nothing convinced me. I can understand why people appreciate this kind of restaurant but I don't.
Service was a bit chaotic, but in general friendly.
To end with a positive note: Drinks and wine were very good!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Pans_HC
Manila, Philippines
“Delicious salad, otherwise, ordinary food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

The restaurant is near our hotel Molina Lario. A good location. We liked the Atlantico salad with squid, leeks, arugula, carrot dressed in a honey vinegarette dressing. However the duck we had was dry. The pasta with bolognese sauce was also dry. Sangria was good. I don't know if I would go back there for salad. It does seem to be popular and portions are big

2 Thank Coellum
Limogne-en-Quercy, France
“Very good surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

We went in Malaga in May and the Clandestino was the big surprise of our holidays!!!
The situation is perfect (in the center of Malaga).
Excelent food, nice terrace!!! You can't miss their homemade sangria!!!
We loved the salads, the meats and the tapas.
The manager was really funny.
Well, we went there 3 times and will be back of course!!!!

Visited May 2011
1 Thank Patrick C
Malaga
“A good choice in Malaga Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

THE RESTAURANT
If you are looking for a good restaurant in the old town in Málaga, Clandestino is a very good choice. It´s located in a small street , just right coming down from Granada Street.
Decoration is simple but nice. In summer you can eat in their outside terrace, surrounded by typical Malaga Houses.
It gets very busy so better go early if you want to get a table.
THE MENU
We were two couples for dinner, and we paid 100 euros for the fours of us including 1 bottle of wine. Ribera del Duero is an excellent choice if you like red wine. Salads are huge and really good, the Solomillo with Mustard Icecream is a must. They have everyday different specialities. The quality of food is really good, and reasonable priced although there are cheaper restaurants in the area.
For desserts I would recommend to go a a Teteria(tea Coffe Bars), there are plenty of them around Malaga´s Cathedral, within two minutes walk from Clandestino.
THE STAFF
Waiters are fine, not specially helpful but average.

• Visited July 2011