We had planned to stay at the Petit Palace for 3 nights, but we liked Malaga so much that we decided to stay an extra night! The hotel employees were incredible! Every time we had questions, they helped us out: either making calls for us, searching for the information, or simply to lend us an umbrella....
The hotel is centrally located in the historic district and is a small block away from the main pedestrian street, Marques de Larios, from cafés, restaurants, and museums. Other attractions are approx 10-15 minutes walk: the port, the Alcazaba, Teatro Romano, while the Castillo de Gibralfaro and the beach are closer to a 30 minutes walk.
The room was a bit small and we had a double bed. If you are used to larger rooms and beds, may be worthwhile to pay extra money and get a larger room. However, it still was very comfortable. We had 2 large patio doors that opened onto a balcony in the bedroom and another one in the bathroom. The room is equipped with a laptop. The hotel's main doors are locked all the time. It may seem like an inconvenience, but we never waited more than 30 seconds to get the door opened for us, and it made the hotel a lot quieter.
The hotel offers a buffet breakfast for 8 Euros. It was okay, not amazing. If you are willing to walk a bit, you can get to a lot of cafés that offer breakfast for less, although not in a buffet style.
Before leaving home, we contacted the hotel by email to make arrangements from the airport to the hotel. Even though we arrived a lot earlier than the official check in, the hotel sent a taxi to pick us up (approx 25Euro) and provided us with a room upon arrival.
We would not hesitate to stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Petit Palace Plaza Malaga is situated on the corner of Larios street, one of the busiest shopping streets, behind the Cathedral, 4 star hotel in the middle of the historic centre of Málaga. The Petit Palace Plaza Malaga occupies a magnificent early twentieth-century building. Our modern rooms feature flat screen TV (with Satellite TV), hydro-massage shower, air-conditioned/ heating and mini-bar.It is also close to the harbour, two kilometres from the railway station and 10 kilometres from the airport.Room types •66 stylish rooms.•High-Tech rooms: laptop, exercise bike, trouser press, hydro massage shower and king-size bed.•Family rooms up to 5 people: King-size bed or two beds plus bunk beds. (Baby cots free of charge).•Equipped rooms for pets (bed, feeding and water bowls).•Rooms for disabled people.•Smoking & non smoking rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Petit Palace Plaza Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Petit Palace Plaza Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Petit Palace Plaza málaga
- Petit Palace Plaza Hotel málaga
- Petit Palace Plaza Malaga Spain - Costa Del Sol