3,732 results
All reviewstrain stationfirst floorold townshopping centregreat hotelblack out blindsmodern hotelminute walkmain stationmaria zambrano stationthe ground floorlocal traindirect accessother citieshuge bedconvenient locationbusiness hotel
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Very modern hotel in the most convenient location directly above the Maria Zambrano Railway station. It could have been that we were on the 7th floor but we could not hear the trains.Huge bed,delightfully furnished room but like all modernist styles the slightest defect or wear and tear spoils the effect.
Only real criticism was the air conditioning which gave a temperature range of 22C to 28C and made the room stuffy. Leaving the window open made little difference and let in the noise of the nearby busy road. We ended up wedging the room door open with a suitcase and opening the fortunately nearby corridor window. I dread to think how we would have managed in the summer.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

I arrived at the hotel and was able to check in right away even though it was before noon. This was a great plus after a long overnight flight. It was a quick train trip from the A/P to the hotel and it was easy to find in the station.
My only complaint was that it was quite warm in the room and the aircon was set to only go to 20 degrees C. The sun was shining in despite the drapes and the room was too warm for my comfort.
They offered free internet via two computers on the 2nd floor. I only had a short wait to use one. The service was very slow, however, and neither myself or another guest could access our MSN accounts.
The bed was comfortable and the room had plenty of space and nice features. I was very pleased with the room and hotel in general I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Nice place to stay, not right in the city center but just a short (10min) walk away from the Cathedral. Next to the railway station (in fact, built over it!).
Modern hotel, nice design style. Friendly staff.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2010

We stayed in room 710 and were pleased to see a glimpse of the sea from the window. We liked the interior design and of course, the slide. My husband said, "This is the type of 'modern' hotel I like". It didn't sacrifice function over style. Excellent BIG, comfortable bed. Helpful reception staff. The only slight downside was the breakfast (hence the 'very good' rating). The plates of cold meat items were empty and were not replenished and the only cooked items available were bacon, fried eggs and scrambled eggs (which isn't really a problem but sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes were advertised). On the plus side the orange juice tasted as if it were freshly squeezed and the coffee was good, coming from a machine using capsules. The location was great, given that we had to catch an earlyish train to the airport. However, it is a 10 - 15 minute walk to the old town and a further 10 minutes to the beach. All in all a very positive experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Great location - attached right to the train station! We came in from a late trip and didn't have to worry about finding transportation to the hotel - just walk right through the mall and enter the hotel. Beautiful and very comfortable rooms. Very clean and elegant.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple