3,855 results
All reviews train station first floor old town shopping centre great hotel black out blinds modern hotel main station minute walk maria zambrano station the ground floor direct access other cities huge bed convenient location business hotel comfortable beds
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We decided to choose the Barcelo again over the Ibis. The Ibis is nearer the old town but the Barcelo is so close to transportation links that this was the deciding factor. We arrived from Granada by coach and the coach station is opposite the train station, where the Barcelo is sited. It also made it easier for us to catch the train to the airport for our homeward journey. However, it isn't just convenient but it is a well built, comfortable and funky hotel.

We had room 612 which is at the front and affords a sea glimpse, if not a sea view. We felt that the breakfast had improved since our last visit two years ago (apart from the Spanish Omelette which was very salty both days I tried it).

The old town is a good 15 minute walk but you can catch a bus. So I think on balance we made a good choice; convenience, comfort and a touch of luxury.

Room tip: The soundproofing is good so the front offers sea glimpses, the back mountain views.
Date of stay: November 2012
1  Thank EmemBath
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We both liked this hotel which is very modern. The hotel has a slide from the first floor to the ground floor and we were encouraged by the reception staff to try it. We gave it a go and it was good fun certainly a unique experience. Our room a good size with a comfortable king size bed. The Wi-Fi and air-conditioning worked well and there were a number of English language TV channels. The bathroom was good and the toiletries were of a high standard. The location was very convenient for us as we arrived in Malaga by bus and departed by train and the hotel is part of the train terminal and adjacent to the bus terminal. It was about a 15 minute walk to the old town. It is not in the nicest of neighbourhoods but we always felt safe.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank joybell27
Reviewed November 15, 2012

A beautiful hotel with an excellent location, great staff, clean and very nice room! What else can i ask for? You can walk to see the city, go to the train station and visit it, take the train for many destinations.. you don't need any other transportation method. I recommend this hotel for your stay at Malaga, Spain.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room was clean, bathroom clean, awesome shower, great air conditioning, good bed and tv. The staff were so helpful, always with good answers and didnt mind when we made special requests. and had really good english. The location is so ideal-right next to a shopping mall and the central train station. Its in the new part of town-the old town being about a 15 minute walk. The hotel lobby slide is pretty cool-be careful you can go fast!

only negative is that there was an open bag of peanuts in our fridge, but they didnt charge us. it was a bit expensive, but a good stay.

Date of stay: August 2012
2  Thank Justis11
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I got this hotel through (Tesco) Clubcard exchange so it was practically free which made it even better. The hotel is literally attached to the main train station in Malaga which has a direct link to the airport for less than 2 Euro. Do not get a Taxi, it will cost you about 30 Euro. The desk staff were amazing, very polite, always professional and even saw the funny side when I lost my luggage tag. The rooms were not overly spacious but ample and very well decorated, the chairs were so comfortable. I lost days just sitting in them and reading my Kindle. The breakfast bar was delicious with a wide range of foods for everyone and the waiters always remembered your room number which was nice. The gym was average, quite small but I went at odd times so it was very quiet. Unfortunately I did not get to use the amazing slide from the 1st floor to the lobby as it was under construction but what an awesome feature in a hotel!!! Its very well situated with a shopping centre and a supermarket less than 100 ft away. The beach was about a 10 minute walk. I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone and I would definately stay here again. X

Date of stay: July 2012