We took the train from Madrid for a one night stay prior to a cruise. The Barcelo Malaga looked like the ideal hotel to us since it is in the train station at Malaga – and it was.
You can reserve a room with or without breakfast. I decided to reserve with breakfast even though it was pretty expensive by our standards, especially since we normally stay in hotels (in the US) where breakfast is included. I was not disappointed. We were really hungry in the morning after the flight the day before and the breakfast really hit the spot. It was a typical European breakfast with everything you could think of including omelets made by a chef. I counted at least 12 different fruits – amazing.
Internet is included and in our room (#631) the reception was really strong. There was also a laptop safe and a mini-refrigerator which had enough room to store some things we bought.
The hotel has an entrance on the right (if you are arriving on a train) just after you get into the main hall. There is a notice on the door that it is only for hotel guests, but there is a call button and they will open the door for you.
Even though there is a huge shopping mall, with a food court, that is part of the station we couldn't find a mini-market to buy drinks, etc. Most train station have this. We ended up going to the Larios Center which is about 3 blocks away, which has a huge supermarket.
We took a taxi (E12) to the port the next morning. Since we didn't sleep on the plane we did not do any sighseeing, but we are scheduled back to Malaga as a port on a cruise next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Barceló Malaga hotel located next to the city railway station, just 10 minutes from the city center and the coastline is one of the few Spanish hotels recognized by the prestigious British Magazine Wallpaper as one of the 50 best business hotels in the world. It hosts the most amazing lobby of our country with its particular six meters high stainless steel slide connecting the first floor directly with its B-Lounge. Its 221 modern and comfortable rooms ensure a pleasant break, while the 1,500 m2 Convention Center seduces sectors committed to design to ensure the success of their events and meetings. In addition, the outstanding cuisine of the restaurant 'El Anden' awarded with the José Meliá Finisterra award for the best hotel restaurant in Malaga, makes meals a real gourmet experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Barcelo, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Barcelo Malaga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Malaga Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel Malaga
- Barcelo Hotel málaga
- Barcelo Malaga Spain - Costa Del Sol