Lowest prices for your stay
travelup.com
Hotels.com$56
Expedia.com$56
ZenHotels.com$57
3,319 results
All reviews old town great location dry river bed train station malaga centro across the bridge comfortable bed city centre short stay few minutes walk clean rooms air con free wifi continental breakfast decent size bars and restaurants on foot
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2019

The hotel is very convenient to the Train station.

Just across the bridge to the old town.

Breakfast continental with no hot items. However, more than enough in variety and the items were always quickly replaced when their level became low.

Room, the standard Ibis room. Clean and well maintained.

Only slight issue that for some reason in this Ibis, when any one moved on the floor above, you could here all the foot steps.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2019

10 mn walk from Malaga Ciudad Centro Station very pratical to the airport and very easy walk to Centro and also to the Malaga Train and Bus Station
Very comfortable hotel and excellent breakfast to be recommended

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank sisavangs
Reviewed June 24, 2019

I've often stayed at Ibis hotels. I've stayed at hotels in Edinburgh multiple times, In Bangkok and in Lisbon. I've always been happy with the service until now. The rooms were great, the cleaning was great, but the service at the front desk was TERRIBLE. 1st of all, every one of the spoke so badly English that ordering an extra duvet took 3 tries - not okay. There was a problem regarding payment, so I, of course, had questions to which I got yelled at. The ladies at the front desk also talked very rudely about me and my friend in Spanish (which they thought we could not understand - sadly we could...) Needless to say, we did not want to contact your day staff during our stay at all and resorted to talking to the night staff at 3 in the morning instead because at least they didn't yell at us or talked behind our backs. This is just not acceptable and not a great way to start a holiday.

I will be returning to Malaga as I travel a lot but I shall not be returning to this hotel.
The normally high standards that I associate with an Ibis hotel has been lowered quite a bit after this trip.

Room tip: Don't contact the staff at the front desk during the day time.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
IBISMALAGACENTRO, General Manager at Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Dear Ms Beyer.

I am very sorry for the problem during your stay at our hotel. I will talk with the people involved to discuss about your experience and not repeat it again. You comment that you could understand Spanish. I would greatly appreciate it if you could comment on what comments you understood. This will help me to prevent it from happening again.
Regarding the issue of payment, there was a problem with communication.... you wanted to be sure that in case of double charge the amount would be returned and what the receptionists wanted to tell you is that there was no double charge.
I am sorry that your experience has not been as pleasant as we wish and we hope you can verify that it has been something timely in a next stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2019

Ibis rooms look very much alike around the world, same here. Great staff though and a good central location means excellent value for money at this property. Clean and rather modern as well,few minutes from restaurants and shopping areas.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
IBISMALAGACENTRO, Front Office Manager at Ibis Malaga Centro Ciudad, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2019

Dear Jimmy_Swe,
We thank you very much for taking your time to leave your opinion about your stay with us. It is a great pleasure for all our staff to know that our guests are satisfied with our services. We work hard every day to continuosly improve the quality of our clients stay and the best gift is to receive a positive feedback.
HOTEL IBIS MALAGA CENTRO

Reviewed June 23, 2019

for cost/benefit this is probably the best deal in malaga. within walking distance to the historic centre and other locations. large hotel but not over busy and with a good sleep potential.close to picasso museeum and the best eating possibilities of any andalucian city. on site large cafe/restaiurant as well as easy to get taxi/bus connections.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple