Hotel Del Pintor
$125
$117
AC Hotels
  • Restaurant
Sol Guadalmar by Melia(Malaga)
All reviewsold towninside roomcervantes theatresingle roomexcellent locationsmall hotelbreakfast is servedbusy streetclose proximityrecommend this hotellight sleepershort break in malagastay there againsmall streetboutique hotelfriendly hotelminute walk
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Paid 49E per room per night for a twin. Simple room with wacky decor, clean and fair bathroom with comfortable beds as well. The wifi worked well and is free. Never had the brekky. There are lots of eating choices very nearby and you are bang in the old city.... great for shops/cakes! Deffo a return for the money. A great 2 star!

Room Tip: Room at the back will be quieter. Brekky is 5E but ther are loads of eateries for 2-3E a minute or so away.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank drdanielmacdonald
Reviewed September 2, 2012

i read the reviews below and wondered if i was writing about the same hotel - i am!

i stayed here for one night and;

1. found the female receptionists incredibly rude and unhelpful
2. slept in a cupboard with a toilet and shower room attached (avoid single rooms)
3. was almost sick from the stench of vinegar on the towels and bedsheets

Probably one of the worst hotels i've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank dieselbloke
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice clean rooms, same for bathrooms. We changed our room to one at the back since we were there during the Freia (without even knowing) and it was insanely loud on the street. The back room is as quiet and dark as a cave! Quite a walk to te beach but close to center. Next time, will pick a place closer to beach. But overall this was a great hotel with friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank jdcamp
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel is located in the heart of historical Malaga. It is surrounded by many bars, restaurants and discos, so if you have problems sleeping meanwhile Malaga lives it's nightlife do not go for it. On the other hand, if you have no problems with your sleep, then this hotel is a place which you will like. It's position is good for going to the beach, sight seeing or just wandering around and discovering hidden streets. I was staying on the second floor, room 22 which was facing the main road. I requested a separated bed, but I got one big instead. That was not a problem as I was staying with my sister and we did not mind to share a bed.
I requested a late check in as we were flying from Glasgow. Our flight was delayed for more than three hours so I asked my boyfriend to inform the hotel about our unfortunate situation so we would not loose the room. To my surprise the hotel already knew about it which was really good.
The man who checked us in was very nice, polite and friendly. He told us all we needed to know and was willing to tell us more if we needed.
The room was of a good size, bathroom clean. Although I saw few things which could be improved, overall I was very happy with the room and its state.
I would recommend this hotel for everybody who doesn't mind the noisy night-life.

Room Tip: As a person who works in hospitality, the only thing I can recommend is SPEAK with the reception, do not expect from them that they will read your mind. If you need quieter or bigger room, speak with them and I am sure they will try to help you if it is in their power.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucia_Alexandra87
Reviewed August 2, 2012

This hotel is very confortable and very fashion looking.
The ambient is great, good internet, great rooms.
The only thing is they don't have restaurant or breakfast place. They can only serve a breakfast in the room. But it's ok.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family