2,137 results
All reviews rooftop pool deluxe room old town perfect location lovely hotel small pool picasso museum tapas an upgrade churros malaga cathedral bars and restaurants reception staff city break city hotel lovely city airport bus
Reviewed July 5, 2010

If you plan to stay in this hotel, pick a superior room, it's definitely worth it; standard ones are more gloomy, have small windows and most of them seem to view inner patio of the hotel which is not very attractive.
My room was located in the "old-style" part of building; had big french windows and faced the small street with cafes and restaurants. At night sometimes it was a bit noisy, but it's not a problem if you plan to return only the morning; anyway closed windows seem to be enough soundproof to have a good sleep.
Rooms are modern, stylish; cleaned reguarly and well; all equipment and appliances are new.
Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment: just before that I stayed in Vincci Hotel in Lisbon, it was more or less of the same level (the room in Vincci was even cheaper and just a tiny bit lower in class) so with breakfast they were waaay much more "inventive" and again - cheaper.
Another thing is that some personnel at the reception seem to be slow with English and just slow in general.
When I arrived at first they checked me in the standard room instead of a superior one; luckily I've had my booking printed and asked the girl at the reception about some extra features mentioned there to which she answered that these features are available only for superior rooms; I said that I actually did book a superior room and showed the booking printed; she seemed to be quite confused by the whole thing so it took her a while to arrange other room for me. She certainly apologized and was very polite but the situation itself is a definite minus.
I had to leave early in the morning so in order not to waste time I decided to pay the night before that. Due to different day prices they had during my period of stay they gave me 2 bills; I paid part in cash and part by ccard. Early in the morning I got down to the reception to leave the key; there was a different guy at the desk so told him that I had already checked-out and paid all the bills yesterday. When I went out of the hotel there were no taxis around (usually there'd been at least 3 of them by the hotel) so I had to come back to ask for the guy to call one for me. To which he said that he cannot find my bills and asked me if I had a copy to prove that I actually paid !!!! I said that I don'y have time for that cuz I have a train in 15 min so he should better communicate with his colleagues. He just went away and kept on looking for the bill in his papers and obviously had no intention of calling me a taxi; besides at nights they block the entrance door so I was actually getting worried they wouldn't let me out until he finds this bill. Thank God I saw the taxi coming; they unblocked the door so that I could finally leave.
That's definitely spoiled the whole impression of the hotel; eventhough, like I said, other features are up to declared standards.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2010

the hotel itself is very very comfortable, spacious and modern. Contrary to the website pictures, the terrace/pool area is a bit on the small side but good enough. It is very good value. The location of this hotel is Absolutely Fabulous!!! i've had the best tapas ever on a side street resteraunt from the hotel. Only wish i could remember the name, but it is very popular with locals around lunch so hope you find it. Excellent for shopping/sightseeing... if spending two or three days in malaga, this is the right choice!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

A great choice for Malaga. Fabulous rooftop pool and outdoor sofa area; call for pool bar service if noone is there but great at weekend nights as a bar as well. Clean and modern rooms; can be a bit of road noise on lower floors, but that's the trade off for being right in the city centre and walking distance of everything. First (non smoking) room clearly had a smoker in before, room changed with apologies and no fuss with the very helpful front desk and noted that plug in airfresheners appeared on the corridor after that as well. Will happily return.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2010

From the time we walked in without our luggage the desk was on the phone with airline asking when we will expect our luggage and updated us when we left and on our return. We had drinks at the roof top pool and enjoyed the awsome views! Breakfast at the resturaunt in the morning was a good value and the food was good. However right at the steps of this hotel are so many choices for food it will make your head spin! This was my first stay here and I will if I return to Malaga stay here again!

1  Thank Tjserapiglia
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Best points first: 1. location, ideal for the old town and restaurants/bars 2. cleanliness, spotless 3. double glazing, amazingly soundproof
Bad points: 1. wireless internet not working in room (in fairness they offered a cable - still didn't work!) 2. v. expensive breakfast 3. uninviting dining area, very grey and dark

So.. ideal for sightseeing and 'dropping' at the end of the day, but pretty soul less.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple