2,158 results
All reviews rooftop pool deluxe room old town perfect location lovely hotel small pool picasso museum tapas an upgrade churros malaga cathedral bars and restaurants reception staff city break city hotel lovely city airport bus
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Returning from a great cruise, we decided to spend a few days visiting Malaga. We had reserved onpine and were extremely pleased with all aspects. Location could not be better, comfort, cleanliness, staff friendliness etc... highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Gee4_12
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Recently returned from a 5 night stay at this wonderful hotel. It is perfectly placed for the cathedral, shopping area and many bars and restaurants. The breakfasts were some of the best I have had - good choice of fruit, hams, cheeses, cereals and pastries plus cooked scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. You could even request omelettes and fried eggs to be specially cooked. Also very convenient for the main inter-city railway station and bus station - approx 20 minute walk away. Very nice room overlooking the street - we upgraded for 10 euros a night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christine2011_03
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This hotel could not be better placed as it is so central to the cathedral and numerous bars & restaurants.
The tourist information is also across the road.
The beautiful park filled with fabulous exotic plants & birds is less than 5 mins away & a lovely route to the newly developed port area.
The hotel is very modern, clean & sleek.
I booked a deluxe room & requested a room on a high floor with a view. I was not disappointed as I had a corner room which over looked the sea & nearby port.
The room was extremely clean, sleek & white like the rest of the hotel. The bathroom was huge with lovely grey slate tiles & with a vast selection of toiletries, perfect if you have forgotten something! Best selection I have encountered in ages.
Plenty of white fluffy towels & bath robes & a great hair dryer. The only negative was the shower which was very weak. I would have expected a power shower for this star hotel.
The decantae of whiskey & bottles of free water upon on arrival was a lovely touch as we're the homemade chocolates for my husbands birthday.
The free wifi & use of an umbrella was extremely useful too.
I am a light sleeper but was not disturbed by the traffic or dust man collecting rubbish in the early hours of the morning which is the norm in Spain.
The bed is very hard & with a topper already on the bed did little to improve it.
It is very easy to get to this hotel either by bus which stops in front f the Marriott hotel which is opposite the Molino Lario ( the second but last stop at molino lario street) or via train from Malaga Central station. Take the far exit & take Calle Alemania & cross the traffic light & carry on down the street until you see the tourist information on your rught & cross the road (left) & follow the road around to the right or just head for the Marriott as the hotel is opposite.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vivacat12
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here twice last week! First time in a superior room (€10 extra per night, room 117) then in a standard room. Our first room had a small balcony that overlooked the street; we found it very noisy at night so the second stay was in a room overlooking the internal courtyard/bar area - significantly more peaceful. In both rooms we had bathrobes,slippers, in-room safe, free wifi, minibar, seating area, spacious bathroom. lots of toiletries and in my opinion the second room (204) was more roomy. The beds in both rooms were HARD so ask for a mattress topper if you find a hard bed tough on circulation/.joints etc. The staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. The bar was reasonably priced, relaxing and lunch was good too. The cathedral is about one minute away & the main shopping area starts at the doorstep. The city tour bus stops just outside the hotel, the train station is five mins by taxi, it really is a great location and a stylish hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ohjustpeachy
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just back from three nights at the Molina Lario in slightly chilly Malaga, but nonetheless beautiful! We stayed at the Molina Lario, based on the reviews on TA, and as I had fallen in love with the picture of the bed on the website...
I contacted the hotel direct and booked from the UK and spoke to a charming man who said while he couldn't guarantee the four poster but he would do his best...well they did and it was great to stay in the room that looked just like the picture and quite possibly was the actual room itself.
The sheets are great, they felt like the best Egyptian cotton, and just the right amount of pillows. So four poster heaven it was....
The hotel itself is very central and staff were helpful and courteous. It maybe lacked a little bit of soul, but my boyfriend kept reminding me that Andalusians don't like the cold and hence why they might have been a little reserved....in February. I think they were looking forward to sunshine as much as we were...
We checked out the pool, but it was too chilly to stay although one couple were bravely using the sun loungers, books in hand.
I would definitely go back, as we were made to feel very welcome and were armed with good recommendations for tapas bars by the reception staff which were just a stones throw away...
If you are going in the next couple of weeks, i.e. it might still be chilly, take a couple of good DVD's as they have the facilities in the room and we didn't think to take any, there were none at the hotel that we could locate.
Perhaps too the putting green will be in action by then on the sixth floor, but with all that Malaga has to offer, knocking balls into holes on a rooftop of a hotel might be doing the city a disservice!

Room Tip: Definitely ask if its possible to have a four poster room, they can't guarantee it, but we struck lucky. We overlooked restaurants/bars and it was relatively quiet but it was February...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple