“We loved this sanctuary”

Iglesia de Los Martires
Ranked #33 of 220 things to do in Malaga
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were taken here by welovemalaga tours. We truly enjoyed every single chapel, specially if you are into religious art

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Having visited Malaga Cathedral, which I loved, I found this church a bit too highly ornamented with vast amounts of gilt. Just not to my taste!

2  Thank Woolif
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently went to hear Mass at this church. After Mass I looked around at the different altars and admired how the various images of the Virgin Mary were attired and how the chapels were decorated. It is a very beautiful church in the center of Malaga and should be seen by people who visit the city.

1  Thank BennyMalaga
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love history and visiting these historical sites, it really does add immensely to the quality of your trip to hire a very good guide. We used Andalucia tours and it was well worth it!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Situated in a street of the same name, the Church of the Martyrs is a must for anybody fond of "church crawling". It is a blaze of gold leaf and dark paintings, and holds a number of the images mounted on "tronos" for the Semana Santa processions, at which Málaga excels (some "tronos" require over 200 men to carry them!)

3  Thank PadrePeter