WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #34 of 198 things to do in Malaga
Malaga, Spain
3,031 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3,009 helpful votes
“One of My Favorite Churches”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

I recently went to hear Mass at this church. After Mass I looked around at the different altars and admired how the various images of the Virgin Mary were attired and how the chapels were decorated. It is a very beautiful church in the center of Malaga and should be seen by people who visit the city.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank BennyMalaga

Scottsdale, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Church of the Martyrs Malaga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love history and visiting these historical sites, it really does add immensely to the quality of your trip to hire a very good guide. We used Andalucia tours and it was well worth it!

Visited December 2012
Campanillas
112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 162 helpful votes
“A Rococo shrine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Situated in a street of the same name, the Church of the Martyrs is a must for anybody fond of "church crawling". It is a blaze of gold leaf and dark paintings, and holds a number of the images mounted on "tronos" for the Semana Santa processions, at which Málaga excels (some "tronos" require over 200 men to carry them!)

Visited December 2012
3 Thank PadrePeter
Toronto, Canada
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 687 helpful votes
“A beautiful church with stunning artwork and statues”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

We had the great fortune and pleasure to visit in the company of BennyMalaga and his lovely wife. I'll never forget the beauty of the interior as well as the various statues of the Virgin. I loved their delicate faces and the expert craftsmanship of their embroidered clothing and bejewelled crowns. After visiting this church, I went to more than a dozen churches in other Spanish cities but I never saw adoration comparable to that of Los Martires. This will always be a special place for me.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Gigis_mum
Novosibirsk, Russia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“A most amazing church - a must visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

One of the oldest churches in Malaga, dedicated to the city patron saints (you can leave your messages to one or both of them on special boards inside). But what impressed us most (I visited with my wife and 2-years-old son who seemed to enjoy the visit very much, unlike the other churches we took him in!) are the wonderful installations along the perimeter, reproducing scenes from the Bible in a very colorful and lifelike manner! The interior is really something to see, and it is a pity this Iglesia is positioned so low on TripAdvisor rating.

Visited July 2012