“A lovely retreat”

Ranked #60 of 88 Hotels in Malaga
lincolnshire
“A lovely retreat”
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We decided to have a few days in and around Malaga but decided to stay in a more Spanish stlye hotel and this was wonderful, it is up a very steep and windy mountain road about 25 mins from main town Malaga.

The view across the hillside and the lakes are quite stunning. The rooms are compact but suffiecient and decorated in alovely spanish feel. They do have air con which was great in 40 degrees. They also have a dip pool which again was nice after a hot day sight seeing.
the only down side was yet again finding good Spanish food that we hear of from Spain.. the food was swimming in grease as all dishes are fried. Breakfast is one piece of toast and a pot of jam and butter. No other choice and 7 euros/ couple. Nothing to write home about.
After one night eating we decided to eat in Istan ( 2 mins away). This is a beautiful village and we ate at the Entre Sierras Restarante which has great views. The prices were the same as the uk and the food was fabulous.. we thought we had finally found good food in Spain when we discovered the chef is English!! very funny. but it was well worth going there.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
West Midlands
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed at Los Jarales for a week in September and we loved it. The hotel is amazing, really rustic and a breath fo fresh air compared to the high rise hotels on the coast, Definately need a car to stay here but its a great base for exploring Andalucia.
The rooms are nice, very clean and comfortable and the views are breathtaking. The hotel staff are really friendly and made us feel very welcome.
Would definately go again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mona1975
Luton
Reviewed September 20, 2009

This Hotel was chosen for me by the Travel agency that I booked with. I stayed for 7 nights in August 2009 .It was a last minute booking. The hotel staff were very helpful and genuinely nice. It was very quiet and if youare like me, enjoying shopping and site seeing in the town all day knowing that there is a rest haven to go back toat the end of the day, Los Jarales Rual Hotel Istan is the one to stay at.
The food was good and there is a different meal every day. I have had olives in several restaurants in Mabella but the olives at this hotel just tasted different, they tasted very good.

The facilities are good, I did not use the swimming pool because I was too bussy enjoying the surroundings. The hotle is located in one of the most beautiful areas with the mountains all around it was breath taking.

The room was furnished in a rustic style and it suited me. Everything was clean and tidy. I would go back to this hotel again.

Holiday makers, put this hotel in you list of places to stay when you visit Mabella. or Istan. If you are not having a vehicle dont worry there is a bus that travels from Istan to Mabella. I did that journey every day and I enjoyed it.

I tip my hat to the staff and the wonderful work they are doing. They portray good customer service to all who visit the restaurant or stay at the hotel.

Well done!

Yolanda
London

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
north west
Reviewed July 13, 2009

My partner and I have traveled all over the world and enjoyed the best 5*+ hotels , and the most remote huts in far of jungles .
And the wonderful diversity of our experience has been upstaged by our recent stay in this exceptional Spanish rural Temple.
The views are truly memorable , the atmosphere is traditional Spanish ,,the food and drink most enjoyable ,and the friendly and obliging attentiveness of the waiter Diego is a treat .
The rooms are organically minimal, and the South facing, overview a lake with distant glimpses of Gibraltar and Africa .
My senses where filled with the sound of cekardo ,pine trees ,and ambrosoler .
The nearby village of Istan is a Jem with an abundance of simple bars and tapas restaurants ,and only a short scenic walk while
being watched by eagles over head .The Hotel is run by Paky and her partner and your reliance on there kindness will not be misplaced .
obviously I thoroughly recommend this place.
Translation: English » Spanish
My senses where filled with the sound of cekardo ,pine trees ,and ambrosoler .
obviously I thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorthWestTaned
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I spent the last 2 nights of a week’s holiday driving around southern Spain (Granada, Cordoba, Gibraltar, Seville) at this hotel with my mother and it was just what we needed after being on the go and sightseeing for a whole week. The hotel location is amazing and the surrounding scenery is absolutely breathtaking. The hotel has a very nice, family run atmosphere about it. The rooms aren’t 5 star luxury but seeing as that’s not what we were looking for, we were happy. The rooms were clean, comfortable and very quaint. We never drove into Marbella in the evenings but chose to eat at the hotel restaurant instead, there is a beautiful terrace on which you can sit and admire the views while having your meals. The restaurant had a good selection to chose from but we were told by a lovely family we met at the hotel that it is only a 15min drive into Marbella. The hotel also has its own on site parking which was an added benefit after having to pay for parking at every other hotel we had been to. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who just wants to get away from city life and relax for a while but with the option of driving into Marbella to get some of the city atmosphere if they wish.

• Liked — The views from the hotel
  • Stayed August 2008