“Nothing out of the ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Tribuna

Hotel Tribuna
Ranked #61 of 90 Hotels in Malaga
Siem Reap, Cambodia
“Nothing out of the ordinary”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and although there was nothing particularly wrong with it, neither were there any notieably good features.
The rooms were of average size, with slightly dated and plain decor; the en suite similar.
The single beds weren't particularly comfortable but the room itself was light and airy with a balcony style window onto the street below.
The staff were fine but not overly friendly or helpful.
The location was fairly good however the hotel does overlook an empty man-made river as well as having a slightly dirty, run-down area next to it.
Additonally, the afternoon we arrived an unexpected maintenance man arrived who spoke no english and just walked into our bathroom uninvited. This was inconvenient, especially as we had not been warned that he would be coming.
On the plus side there is a computer in the hotel lobby with free internet access for guests which we took full advantage of during our stay.
Overall the hotels standard was equivalent to the price we paid but would say that there is probably much better value accomodation to be had in Malaga.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

The Hotel was ok, but nothing exciting. Location was good. It looks on the map that you have to walk a bit to get to the main sites, but actually this City is so small, that it felt like everything was around the corner (maybe not the beach), so that was a big plus for us. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They spoke English too, so that's a plus.

Unfortunately terrible smell in the bathroom and from the air conditioning made me want to leave this hotel as soon as we arrived. We stayed only for 2 nights, so we didn't bother, but it was disturbing. And, of course as everywhere in Spain, acoustics of the building sucked! You could hear your neighbors, people getting the elevator - our room was just beside it and there was a huge noise from the streets. Ear plugs didn't really work in there.

Overall, price was good (but maybe a little overpriced) and I wasn't very unhappy about the rest but would never go back there.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Livingston UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2009

My friend and I stayed two nights. First impressions of the room were that it was gloomy and dingy, with drab furnishings, but clean. We then found the safe would not lock but this was soon fixed and we went out for the afternoon. When we came back early evening we discovered the shower doors would not close - the gap was several centimetres - We were given another room that had the same furnishings but the lighting was brighter and the shower was good. The hotel is on a busy street, and the windows and shutters are not soundproof, making traffic noise troublesome for us. More disturbing however was the internal noise from the neighbouring rooms, of TV, and room doors banging. It wasn't that we had anti social neighbours, but that soundproofing and maintenance were completely lacking.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Malaga hotels

belfast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2009

I was taking a suprise trip to malaga just for one day to suprise a friend who lives there. In case this seems strange the fare from Belfast was dirt cheap. The Kris Tribuna is a nice reasonable well located hotel. During my short stay in Spain I used my credit card just once to pay the hotel. Rest of the time it was securely in my wallet. On checkout I as asked if a receipt required that struck me as strange. I of course insisted. There was only one person on reception on my checking out.
Three days after my return home I had a call from my credit card company that someone had tried to use my details.
As the only place my card was used -the hotel I phoned them and the reception would not put me through to the manager.
I have stayed at Kris Tribuna three previous times with no problem but never again. If you stay I suggest you take great care and check your credit card for a few days later or pay cash and get a receipt

• Liked — location modern clean
  • Disliked — credit crd issues
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2008

Stayed one night at this hotel in Malaga due to flight changes. Very good location and price with a clean, welcoming reception area and helpful staff. Room was a good size with everything you would expect from a budget chain hotel - hairdryer, room safe, tv etc. although the view was of an internal lightwell. The bathroom was a generous size and sparkling clean. Room service was not available that particular evening and the adjoining café bar had run out of food.

A serious downside though was the cleanliness of the bed area and in particular the linen which left us itchy in the morning and covered in little red bite marks. Perhaps an unfortunate one off but I won't be rushing to spend a night in a Tryp hotel again.

Stayed August 2007
Torrox Costa, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2008

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel which is ideally situated for exploring Malaga. Room was spotlessly clean with very comfortable twin beds. The bathroom was well equipped with toiletries, hair dryer and an excellent walk-in shower.
We didn't eat at the hotel as there are many excellent cafe-bars and restaurants nearby. For example we had toasted baguette with tomato and olive oil + coffee at breakfast for €2 each.
Downside to this hotel was the constant traffic noise from 2 busy roads, double glazing would have made the room a lot quieter. Also the AC did not work, OK for this time of year but will be unbearable in summer.
We paid €50 per night which a great price for an above average 3* hotel.

• Liked — Spotlessly clean rooms, great location
  • Disliked — Traffic noise
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank pavoreal
belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2008

Excellent location-just opposite N H Hotel and the Ibis hotel
across from the wide avenue.
Very handy to the central part of old Malaga
From airport easy if arrival by the Metro
Rooms excellent and well appointed
Staff make the hotel a joy to use. Free internet in lobby
Cafe in hotel good value. Serves really good coffee

Stayed January 2008