The hotel overlooks Malaga and is a family run operation by Victoria and her parents. We stayed for two nights in Room 105 which is quite large with a spacious balcony offering spectacular views of Malaga and the mountains. The beds are comfortable and the room is quiet. Things to consider when contemplating booking:
1. The wifi only works in the common area of the house.
2. The walk to the centre of Malaga is a pleasant downhill journey meaning the return trip is all uphill. A taxi from the cathedral costs around €5.
3. Breakfast is not included. However, for €9 one gets fresh orange juice, coffee/tea, cereal, a pastry, a slice of cheese, a slice of ham and several types of rolls.
4. Street parking is a challenge.
I would stay here again as the comfort of the hotel and the hospitality of the owners far outweighs the above four points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Monte Victoria Hotel is situated in the centre of the town on the top of the Mount Victoria, in front of the Mount of Gibralfaro, where the castle with the same name is. It has an excellent view over the city, in a quiet area with space for walking between trees and where its good equipped rooms will help you to feel at home. Opened in March 2003, it is an old family Villa of 1940 that has been restored for becoming a hotel keeping its smart appearance. It has been restored too the old furniture and all the old ornamental things that had belonged to the owners' family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Monte Victoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Monte Victoria Malaga, Spain - Costa Del Sol