“Awesome pizza!”

Ranked #288 of 2,525 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Italian, Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In the Mafia sits at the table (Malaga), our first target are the feelings, good environment, product quality and an experience while savoring our best dishes. We have a large restaurant, with private areas, rooms for families and businesses, children's pool, terrace, and located in one of the best areas of Malaga. Along with Thyssen Museum and in the heart of Malaga
Reviewed September 22, 2014

We'd walked past this restaurant several times during our stay in Málaga, and always thought it looked a bit too pricey. On our third night in the city however, just as we walked into Plaza de la Constitución, a very pleasant you man accosted us and asked if we'd eaten already. Turned out he was from La Mafia, and agreed with us when we said we though it might be out of our price range. He said he though the same thing when he'd first seen the restaurant, but, on showing us a menu, it appeared not to be the case. He also gave us a voucher to say that our first drink would be on him!

After a bit of a pre-dinner stroll, we ended up back at La Mafia, having forgotten all about the free drink offer, sat at a window table, ordered wine and pizzas and watched the world go by.

Pizzas were one meat feast type on for my wife, I had the seafood, which not only had the usual prawns and mussels, but was also slathered in baby eels! If I said it was fabulous it would be an understatement.

Staff were lovely, atmosphere was good, fellow diners were entertaining (the two blokes at the next table were obviously out with escorts for the evening, and the escorts knew that we knew!) and the whole experience was very nice. The biggest surprise was when we came to pay the bill, and the waitress took the "free drink" voucher off the table as she cleared up. When the bill came, they'd put the wine (about €12) down as gratis, so the whole bill came to about €30 with tip! Bargain. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed September 21, 2014

Went with friend for his birthday dinner. Food was excellent. Very modern decor. Friendly staff, all male as far as I could see, so if you like hot men, another reason to visit.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 21, 2014

Passing this restaurant on the way back to the hotel each evening, we thought it would be nice to try. It looked so lovely and the menu looked fab.

After we ate here, I left in a temper and didn't leave a tip. I was really upset by the whole experience. So what happened?

We came into a restaurant where the staff reluctantly broke away from their chat and sat us at the table. The menu was extensive but what we ordered was only mediocre. We shared a crepe of cheese, ham and duck ham. It was burnt around the edges and the ingredients were so sparse, it was far from exceptional.

My companion had a pizza which she said was fine. She left the edge behind which she normally would not do; I noticed others did similar. I had Lasagne. The cheese was over grilled and crispy but thankfully, not burnt. It was overly greasy. While it seemed okay at the time, it repeated on me for the rest of the night which was most unpleasant.

I asked for the bill. And then I asked again. And again. And again. And again. It finally arrived. No one came to take payment. I asked each waiter as they passed to take payment and while they promised to return, they didn't. There was no one at the Cash Desk so it was not an option to go up there. A girl was clearing a table and I asked her. She nodded and said she would be along in a minute. She sat new customers but rather than coming to take payment as promised, she not only went to the table beside us to clear their table but unnecessarily turned her back to us.

I was fuming. We are nice, mannerly, people who simply wanted to pay and leave. When she turned her back on me, I interrupted her to say that I was waiting over 10 minutes to pay and she should take payment. Another colleague came over when they saw how incensed I was and took payment while she mumbled some insult under her breath. I had been polite. I had been patient. No one should endure that behaviour, especially when not warranted.

There is something not right with the staff in this restaurant. They don't see happy in their work. None of them chatted with the customers or had a laugh as happens in other restaurants. They rarely smiled. Their training also left a lot to be desired. The table was cleared after both the Starters and Main Courses while one of us was still eating. No sooner had we finished the Main Courses, than an oversized menu card for dessert was pushed into our faces. When I asked for a little time before deciding, I was greeted with a shrugged shoulder. A menu should provide information and not be intimidating as this was.

Note to management: dressing people up does not make them waiters. It is a profession. It needs training. It needs personality. It needs manners.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Walking along main high street, like many other tourist you are persuaded to try each restaurant by staff.
We spoke to a member of staff and said we would return that evening.
After viewing each on merit we returned to La Mafia....we were not disappointed.
The staff were welcoming and the restaurant was fairly busy even so early at 10 pm.
We made our choices starting with Cordineau Rose
We shared our starter- carpaccio du Aton..tuna thinly sliced with focaccia--- bloody delicious, such an Excellant choice

For mains we each chose...a Carbonara and a risotto with prawns, clams and squid. The risotto was beautiful and filling
The carbonara could have had little more bacon, but, the wife prefers less sauce with pasta..she chose the linguine from large selection of pastas.
As we finished our Rose we selected creeps with chocolate and cream....it appeared and looked fantastic, tasted really good and I would recommend this to anyone.
He offered us a limoncello as a free drink, which we freely accepted.
Asked for the bill....€ 62-----unbelievable for the choices, the produce used to produce such good food.
Would definitely return when we return to Malaga

1  Thank JC1957
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This restaurant had really nice staff and good food. The portions were huge and I felt bad that we couldn't finish it all. For a restaurant that looks expensive; it was really well priced. We got a bottle of wine for 11 Euros

2  Thank Rachel C