Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Best run tour of our 5 days based in Malaga

We spent 5 days using Malaga as our base to visit the Costa del Sol area. This tour was far and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Rhonda A
South Portland, Maine
via mobile
Fantastic day out

This tour was by far one of my best days of the holiday. We were picked up outside of our hotel and... read more

Reviewed July 26, 2018
2409bex
Castleford, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews wine tasting ronda wine wonderful wine tapas wine making process paella wine yards winery stop visiting vineyards informative tours great company private tour couple of hours cruise ship vanessa wineries chinchilla
Reviewed December 11, 2017

My husband and I took part in Tannin Trail's tour to Ronda while on vacation a few weeks ago, and we had a perfect day with them! Never having been to Ronda before, we were relying on Tannin Trails to take us to a few gems in the area, and they did not disappoint. The tour brought us to two great wineries, both of which offer gorgeous countryside views and are committed to organic winemaking. The first winery, Bodega Kieninger, was my favorite. It's a boutique winery, and I loved getting to chat with the owner, taste his wines and nosh on snacks (including dried fruit from his nearby trees!) in this great little cave room he's created, and play with the adorable winery pups there. I also enjoyed getting to check out the town of Ronda. It's so picturesque and beautiful there! Kelly dropped us off in the town and let us explore on our own for a bit, and it was nice to have a break in between the wineries to sightsee.

Throughout the tour, Kelly was knowledgeable about winemaking in the area and happy to share his insights. We also enjoyed picking his brain about travel and the various places that he's lived. At the end of the tour, Kelly handed us a gift package of local olive oil, paella seasoning, and smoked paprika as a little gift in honor of it being Black Friday, which I thought was a kind gesture.

All in all, we had a great day with Tannin Trails! It was one of my favorite parts of our vacation.

One thing to note: If you tend to get car sick, do take a dramamine before you head out to Ronda - as there are lots of winding roads out there! I usually get nauseous & dizzy with motion sickness on rides like that, but definitely didn't feel it as bad having taken a dramamine.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

It was perfect! Kelly picked me up at my Airbnb, he was very nice.
We then headed to Marbella to pick up 2 other people and went then to an olive mills, the beautiful city of Ronda and then 2 vineyards.
The timing was great and we have so much fun!
It was a tiring but lovely day :)
I would definitely recommend!!!

Reviewed October 26, 2017

My wife and I visited Malaga on our Honeymoon and were looking for tours that could guarantee smaller groups - after doing some research we realized that many of the vineyard tours in the area are run by large companies that pick up their attendees in multiple towns on their way to Ronda. These groups could be upwards of 30 people - this is NOT what we wanted.

Trippy Vines promised small groups and personalized tours - and they delivered! This has got to be the best Vineyard tour in the area.

Booking and coordination was easy. We were picked up by Kelly, co-owner of the company, on time and at the doorstep of our hotel. They picked us up in a 8 seater Mercedes van that was clean. Kelly proved to be an AWESOME guide.

He was able to tell us everything about the area and his passion not only for wine, but for supporting local partners was apparent. In addition, Trippy Vines prides themselves on their relationship with the Ronda area vineyards and only work with the best in the business. As such, our tours were scheduled around the larger companies so we were the only visitors at the time and received personalized treatment. We met wine makers and owners, were served amazing local and fresh cuisine, and of course - tasted a lot of delicious wine.

Overall, if you are looking to do a vineyard tour Trippy Vines should be you first choice.

Reviewed October 6, 2017

Kelly picked us up at the hotel at the exact time. We were only three guests so the journey up to Ronda was really intimate and pleasant. After two hours in Ronda with coffee and sightseeing we took the comfortable minibus to the first vineyard where we were shown around. We tasted some really nice wines together with tapas and we also had the opportunity to buy some.
Then we went to the second vineyard where we had lunch with at least four more wines.The view from the dining room was fantastic!
Somewhat tired after eating and drinking we just had to sit down in the minibus and Kelly drove us safely back to the hotel in Fuengirola.Great!

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

This was a lovely day. We were picked up at our hotel and had a lovely time drinking wine seeing vinyards and cellars. 2 hours was the perfect amount of time in Rhonda.