“Good, don't miss the David Duncan”

Museo Picasso Malaga
Book In Advance
More Info
$71.13*
and up
Málaga Picasso Museum Private Guided Tour
Ranked #38 of 239 things to do in Malaga
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This small museum has a selection of his works and I really feel I understand what he was on about after this visit! I have to admit that the bit that I enjoyed most was the David Duncan film, tucked away en route to the shop and loos and not advertised. He tells us about Picasso the person, his experiences with him and his pictures, and something about his time as a war photographer.An interesting and humble man. Museum as a whole worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,033)
All reviews
in 25 reviews
"two hours"
in 26 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Having previously visited a Picasso museum in Barcelona, we had high hopes for this museum. It didn't live up to our expectations. It wasn't great value for money and didn't engage us for very long.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

New insight into Picasso seeing this variety of his work including short films and family portraits. Pleasant atmoshere, shop and cafe.The famous works are not here. The building itself is set around a peaceful courtyard filled with plants.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Visited the museum with my husband and we were lucky to be there on a day where it was fairly quiet (we went on a Sunday in mid-September). I think if it was very busy it would have been very claustrophobic. We paid to see both the permanent picasso exhibits and also the temporary exhibits which happened to be an exhibition on posters advertising holidays and goods from the 1920's and onwards. It only cost between 9 - 9.50 euro for both exhibits. We paid for both without really knowing what the temporary exhibition was and it would be worthwhile finding out what it would be if you are visiting as it may not be something you are interested in otherwise just pay for the picasso rooms.

I'm not a huge fan of Picasso, I preferred his earlier work (portraits) but I did enjoy it - even just trying to figure out what the object was meant to represent - it is a well laid out exhibit and you just move from one room to the next over two floors. When you are finished make sure to go to the bottom floor where the toilets are located as the foundations from centuries ago have been preserved and can be viewed