“good value for money”

Ranked #31 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Hedensted
“good value for money”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Very nice hotel located central in Malaga. All the major attraction were in walking distance.

The room was small but well equiped and clean.

The staff were very helpful and friendly

I can only recommend the hotel

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Yachats, Oregon
Reviewed November 1, 2010

Spain was our first place for our long trip via Euro – SEA and we picked Malaga. We were so lucky and quite enjoy in here. Our Hotel has a perfect location (just few steps walking to the central and bus station). It also has a great deal with very good price and free breakfast which also was great too. Our room was clean, quiet and very comfortable for our sleep at night time even day time too. These things had said everything about this hotel already. It is 10 out of 10 for us to rate this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
dublin ireland
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Hotel a bit dated, bedroom comfortable but dated lack of facilities but a nice location near the train station and Malaga centre.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Eurostars Astoria Hotel is well located just 10 minutes walk to the city center. Easy to reach the hotel from the airport as it is near to the metro station. Good information provided by hotel staff when I arrived to the hotel about the directions to touristic places and their free internet service. Although Eurostars Astoria Hotel is close to the city center, you can have a good sleep without being disturbed by the noise outside as the windows are well isolated and the environment of the hotel is not in the middle of attraction places.
I didnt have breakfast there as I had a flight early in the morning but I'm sure they have a good buffet breakfast as described since I had the chance to try it during my stay in Cordoba and it was excellent.
Very clean rooms with a lot of comforts, helpful and professional staff, good value for money.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Ancaster, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2010

During our 3 weeks trip in France & Spain, Eurostars Astoria Hotel in Málaga was our home for 2 great nights (Aug 2 – Aug 4, 2010). We had a double room for 59€/night on the 4th floor and have chosen this hotel quickly the night before check-in as we needed a place to stay in Málaga and the price and reviews online were quite decent.
GOOD: The hotel looks new and comfortable. The reception area is welcoming and the staff spoke a bit of English. The location is pretty good with most sights and beaches within walking distance even though it seems a bit more to the outskirts of the central area. The room was very clean and quite spacious especially the huge bathroom! The bed was very comfortable and the linens were top notch. The bathtub even had jets which were put to good use after the exhausting drive from Alicante with a stopover at La Alhambra in Granada. ;) The AC was very good and the fridge was very useful for our groceries. The room was pretty quiet as it was facing an interior yard shared with an apartment building. The free Wi-Fi available in the room was very convenient.
BAD: No major complaints; the only unexpected surprise was when we realized that our electronic safe was NOT bolted into anything!!! My wife and I laughed so hard and I even have a picture pretending to sneak it out of the room, but the highlight had to be the answer and reaction we got from the reception with the gentleman shrugging his shoulders and saying that it is what it is….lol. In the end, we did leave our valuables inside the safe as we didn’t really believe that someone will try to sneak this medium sized box out of the hotel.
PARKING: It is a bit difficult to find the main entrance of the hotel as the street in the front looks more like a pedestrian walkway. The hotel does not have its own parking, but it does have somewhat of a deal with this nearby private parking lot. The price was 15€/day, but you had to leave your car keys with the attendant who did not speak a word of English (he pulled out a piece of paper where something in English was scribbled telling us “Not To Worry” about the car!!...lol). A lot of people in other reviews seemed to mention that it is really difficult to find parking in Málaga, but upon exiting the lot after dropping off the car, I kicked myself as there was a parking spot open on the street where people living in the nearby apartment building park overnight for free.
Overall, we were happy with these accommodations and I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Leeds
Reviewed December 22, 2009

So I went here very recently and I thought I might as well share my experience with everyone.

Location ......

To get to the hotel from the airport, you need to take the train. It only costs 1.40Euros. It's a 5mins walk from the airport to the train station and yeh it does involve a walk across a bridge and multi story car park. We would have caught the train to Malaga Centro (which is opposite the hotel) but it's closed so I'd recommend you go for the Maria Zambrano train station. It's about a 10mins walk to the hotel from there and its mainly along 1 long road.

It's got a good location as its about 10mins to the train station, and about 15mins to the main city centre, and about 20mins to the beach. I would try to get a room with the view of the river as you can also get a room which is on the back side and your view out of the window is literally a white wall.

Good Points.....

It's location, the Wi-Fi access (which is really fast across all floors!), the cleanliness (which was spot on!), the amount of space in the rooms, the parking/banks/supermarket behind the hotel, the museum cafe which had some pretty nice food

Not so good points....

It's difficult because I really can't complain about the hotel, it was really good for its price. Only bad thing I could say is that the glass shower wall wasn't very stable and water does still get on the bathroom floor

Overall, for the price we got it for, it was an absolute bargain !! Would definitely recommend you get it as I don't think you'd be dissappointed for the price

PS - the hotel sweets taste quite nice ;)

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed December 9, 2009

I would have rated this hotel a 4 as it is in a very good location, just a few minutes walk from the center of town and all the bus lines. Good price, good breakfast buffet, and a very quiet location.
BUT, while we were there someone took my wife's credit card from the room safe and charged EUR600 on it. They then returned the card to the safe. The only thing we noticed was that day when we returned to the hotel we could not open the safe - the front desk opened it for us (very easy it seems if you have the reset code). We were a little suspicious, but nothing was missing. It was only after we returned home 3 weeks later that we saw the charge on the credit card statement.
( I know someone may say that her card could have been cloned at a restaurant etc., but we only took this card as a back-up. It was either in a money belt when traveling, or locked in the room safe. It was never used for a transaction all the time we were in Spain.)

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple