“I Wish I Was In Dixies”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“I Wish I Was In Dixies”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I agree entirely with the views and review expressed by cerronevado1. It is both accurate and honest.
I have been a regular visitor to the Montemar district (On the Benalmádena border) of Torremolinos, for many years. I was first drawn to Dixies Karaoke Bar on the Calle Salvador Allende (previously named the Via Imperial) by the friendliness I encountered on my first visit there some ten years ago.
The Dixie reputation has been built over these years by Gordon and Shirley Gilbert. Gordon runs the bar while Shirley D.J.s the Karaoke. So excellent is this reputation that many people make it an annual pilgrimage from the U.S.A., Ireland, Germany and numerous other destinations. One couple married in Munich then travelled to Spain that same day, along with their wedding guests and held part of their reception in Dixies. Known as the " Webber Reception" the event will live long in the Dixie folklore.Last year the bar came under new management and is now run by Karen. She has tried admirably to retain the spirit that has made this unpretencious but precious icon of Montemar.
Situated opposite the Mélia Hotel Aloha Puerto Sol and the imposing Apartamentos Timor Sol the bar is ideally situated. Dixies is one of a group of bars and retaurants that offer traveller unsurpassed variety and quality.. I refer of course to The Full House, Champagne Charlies, Bailleys, Spanish Gardens, Rose and Crown, and the Office Bar..
I have no hesitation in reccomending a visit to Dixies, and can guarentee, you will return.

Visited February 2013