“Delicious”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I ate at La Cosmopolita on New Year's Day 2014 on my last night in Malaga with my family. The service was good and the fact that we were encouraged to speak Spanish added to the fun. The restaurant is very child friendly and my nephews have enjoyed food there before. We all loved our meals. I had the baby squid risotto, which was heavenly. Everyone had a taste and thought the same. The steaks and chips were delicious too. I was very impressed by the unusual menu, full of interesting Spanish dishes. I can't wait to go back there again to try something else.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a terrible restaurant, despite the nice decor. I was there with my boyfriend and got really surly, rude and hostile service. I ordered the Iberico solomillo, which ended up being raw on the inside (see photo) and totally inedible. Considering the hostility of the waiter, I didn't attempt to send it back. This is an over-priced restaurant with staff displaying a staggering disdain, especially for non-Spanish speaking customers. Like most tourists, I make the effort to use a few Spanish words but don't expect such efforts to elicit such an aggressive reaction. An awful experience and one I would not wish on anyone else. I feel lucky that I didn't end up getting food poisoning Spend your Euros elsewhere.

2  Thank Jackie2015
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My partner and myself ate in La Cosmopolita last night and I would not recommend this restaurant. The glass of wine we received was very pleasant.The starter was a medley of seafood. While it tasted ok (prawns and mayo), there were about four forkfuls in the portion. For €12 it was bad value.
When the main course arrived, the waiter would not serve the dish until we repeated after him 'that's for me' in Spanish...the waiter had an aggressive and unfriendly manner.
I had potato and prawn stew-it was very basic and lacked any distinct flavour or seasoning. The pork though, was completely raw and in edible. We felt we were not in a position to send it back, given the attitude of the staff so far. The bill came to €45 which was the most expensive meal we had had in malaga. While mistakes can made with food (in terms of undercooking and portion size), there is no excuse for the belligerent attitude of the staff in this restaurant. Be ashamed Cosmopolita. Disgraceful.

3  Thank Andrewwhelan2000
Reviewed October 24, 2013

So easy and yet so difficult to find a nice tapas place, cosy street corner right of the main Calle Granada, served by experienced staff and former hotel school students, we ask for 4 different tapas a main course to share and dessert, the tapas excellent, the rice simple and perfect not the usual rice with things but the more difficult and interesting 3 ingredient full of taste dish,
cheesecake in a modern not cream full presentation, house wine outstanding my girlfriend says and cola for me in a wide glass as it should be lots of ice, try it for yourself. I am actually from Malaga and sometimes is so hard to find this kind of standards in my home town.

strawberry

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visited here twice in a short trip as it was so good!
The menu does have tapas choices, but we decided to opt for something else and it turned out to be a great idea!
The first evening we shared the chicken and chickpea stew with chicken croquettes and fries as sides, which was amazing. The next time we went for the oxtail and white-bean stew with the same sides and were equally as pleased. The stews are one large bowl with enough to share for 2/3, and had a great depth of flavour as well as being full of tasty meat and beans.
The wine was good and reasonably priced and we were even given several shots of limoncello gratis on one of the visits.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the atmosphere lively but not too loud. Location is excellent being right in the city center, but without feeling touristy or overcrowded.
Highly recommended.