“Wonderfull”

Book In Advance
More Info
$68.76*
and up
Malaga Shore Excursion: Private Malaga Highlights...
Ranked #23 of 239 things to do in Malaga
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I overheard someone saying they knew someone who had spent over 2 hours in this cathedral and now I know why. The artwork is magnificent and extremely well labelled. Of all the churches and cathedrals I visited in my recent Spain trip, none were labelled as well as this one is. I took quite a few pictures but it's hard to capture the feeling of being inside an extremely large building! To me it was well worth the 5 euros.So much history there.

Thank ricka..
Write a ReviewReviews (5,568)
All reviews
in 59 reviews
"carvings"
in 45 reviews

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This cathedral isn't too bad, but it is seriously outclassed by its counterparts in Seville, Cordoba and Granada. In all fairness, I think this one had the nicest choir benches.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I went to the Cathedral with my wife to take photos. I spent two hours there because I wrote down the name of the chapels where the art was displayed, as well as writing down the name of the paintings and scultures and who their artists were. I was amazed at how much art there is in the church. Also at the end we went to the museum where there was more art. It was really an amazing experience and now I have made a photo album of what I saw.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

A fascinating study of architecture and also just a wonderful place to sit and meditate. The cathedral allows photography and there is no requirement for a permit. Somewhat amused to see that the original idea of offering and lighting a candle for a loved one had been replaced by a slot machine that lit up a small bulb for each offering. I cannot see this idea catching on, but you never know. Outside the cathedral you will often find various musicians trying to sell their latest CD. Since I visited in the festive season the flavor of the month was carol singing. The cathedral also sets out the traditional scene with the crib in the stable and there is no charge for viewing this. There is a charge for entrance to the cathedral.