“Good for golf player”

Parador de Malaga Golf
Ranked #18 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Parador was recommended by a close friend. Though she hasn't been in this one, but generally she had good experience with other Parador hotels.

The premise is large. It has a nice golf place, and own beach but stony, not wide sandy beach, for a walk is O.K.. The hotel was not crowded because it's not peak season. So we did enjoy a peaceful time there.

The room is located on an open corridor facing the ocean, comfortable and airy. The breakfast was abundant and tasty.

The price was reasonable for the service we got.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 20, 2010

Parador de Malaga Golf was a perfect destination for us to begin our reentry into the real world. Our room was large, modern and had a nice balcony overlooking the golf course and ocean. The bathroom was fabulous with large separate shower, double sinks, tub and separate stool and bidet area separated by a sliding glass door. The location was perfect for us as it was a 10 minute walk to a large shopping mall where the train stop was located and the train was only 3 minutes from the beautiful Malaga airport. While we did not try the golf course, in walking on it it did not seem to be very high quality-the grass was anything but lush. In looking at the reviews we noticed that some people complained about the air traffic overhead. I am always amazed when people make those complaints; what did they expect being three minutes from the airport by train. There were a lot of planes but the noise was not at all a problem. All in all, the Parador was exactly what we needed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2010

The Parador Golf is not really in Malaga, it's close to the airport though. It still took us an hour to find it from the airport but that was clearly not the fault of the hotel! We stayed their for two nights, one each at the beginning and end of our stay. It's located right on the beach which is a huge plus, even if the beach is extremely windy and more suited towards kite surfing than sunbathing. The rooms are well appointed and spacious with large balconies. We had our breakfast on the balcony each morning overlooking the golf course and the sea which was lovely.

However, at times the place resembled a retirement village - it was practically empty and anyone else that was staying there seemed to be in their sixties at least. Also the service was pretty slow at reception, and considering that this was when it was dead quiet I wonder how they cope when it is busy. This also meant that there was no atmosphere at all in the restaurant/bar area and therefore we did not eat or drink there.

However for the price it is a top class spot I must say as long as you are not expecting buckets of atmosphere. I only regret not bringing my golf clubs...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Arrived after delayed flight from Manchester, great that its only a 10 minutes taxi trip from Malaga airport. The reception staff were warm and friendly, and had us checked in in 2 minutes. Room was very clean, and bathroom great, ready for a quick shower. Staff even gave us a drink voucher on arrival, guess we looked like we needed one! So back to the bar and a the first beer did not touch the side of the glass....Sat outside looking towards the swimming pool , just taking in the warm night air, perfect.... True this hotel is on the airport flightpath, but to be honest, it did not stop our enjoyment of the place. After a good nights sleep, the breakfast buffet was fantastic, lot to choose from, all good, and washed down with hot fresh coffee. Checkout was a breeze, and back into Malagas traffic....ah, well have to wait till I'm back again to get my next Parador fix....Well done parador, you really got it right this time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Good quality, sizeable rooms. Friendly staff although restaurant and bar staff slightly unapproachable! Hotel is very handy for the airport and new rail link makes Malaga city easily reachable for shopping and nights out.

Only real downside is that the bar shuts at midnight whether or not there are residents already using it! Not great for a country that only comes alive at 10.30 at night.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2009

If you book here make sure you book into the 'left wing' as the rooms in the right ones are older and need a good redecorate and the bathrooms need refurbishment. The shower/bath taps did not work properly in our room and one hand basin had a large crack in it. The toilet floor also needed a good clean!!!!!
Last year we stayed in the 'Left Wing' and that was superb so this was a big dissappointment.
Very convenient for the airport especially for 'early morning' flights.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2008

This hotel gave us one of our worst experiences during our trip to Spain. We stayed here because it was convenient to the airport. as we were meeting our daughter off a late flight. The hotel itself is pleasant enough with nice rooms , pool and garden. However, being so close to the airport it is rather noisy and I would not describe it as a great destination spot.

We thought we would have a nice lunch and swim by the pool for the remainder of the afternoon.
The bread we were served was so stale we couldn't believe it - we actually tried to crack it open on the table to no avail. We did manage a laugh about that. But then that was early days. It took a long time for our order to be taken and when our lunch finally appeared the food was very mediocre. Having finished our lunch we waited and waited and waited - it appeared we had seen the last of our waiter. We eventually had to go and 'find' someone to remove our plates and request a coffee. We were feeling a little cheesed off to say the least. Particularly as this is not a cheap Paradore.

I then decided to talk to a reception staff member who was apologetic and later she phoned our room to say the Manager apologised and our lunch would be deducted from our bill.
We thought the matter would end there.

To cut a long story short I was later telephoned by a rather curt lady staff member who insisted on seeing me in reception. I explained to her that everything had been sorted out. However, she insisted I meet her in reception as she 'wanted to talk to me".
When I arrived I was greeted by 2 women staff members who gave me what felt like an interrogation ! I felt extremely uncomfortable and said so. I had the distinct feeling that they were challenging my version of events. One even had her arms folded as she spoke to me which seemed very confrontational. I explained to her that I have worked in the hospitality industry over many years and it is my experience that management appreciate feedback when their guests are not happy. The conversation ended and with no apology.
When we checked out next day the lunch was not deducted and we were just too tired to pursue it. Suffice it to say we drove away feeling pretty annoyed.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Waikauri