“Great for a short stay”

Ranked #13 of 35 Malaga B&B and Inns
puerto escondido, oaxaca
“Great for a short stay”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night as we had an early train the next day. The double room was a littl cramped but everything was very clean, tv worked, A/C worked. The men at reception were very organise. We had a nice quiet stay.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel is well located, just across the road from the railway station,which is why we chose it. Although the sheets and pillowcases were clean the bedcover badly needed a clean and the pillows smelt of stale sweat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Malaga hotels

Wales
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I needed something cheap and cheerful near to the station and am always a bit worried about areas around stations especially as a woman travelling on her own. However I didn't need to worry. Mainly only positive things to say, friendly staff who made me welcome and the most comfortable bed I had in ten days away. Reasonably priced and in an area with a good choices of places to eat. Room was clean and had everything I needed but a bit tired looking. Would be cramped for two people for more than one night but that seems to be the case with some Spanish hotels. However I was on my own and I saw into a bigger room that looked very nice. Yes its noisy but nothing that ear plugs didn't sort out.
Compared to other similarly placed and priced hotels I cant really fault it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Scotland
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My rating is based on quality for price, this hotel is opposite the Maria Zambrano rail station, I stopped off for a night on my way to Seville and again on my return. I had flown in from the UK and was travelling to Seville and back by train. Excellent choice for what I needed. The reception staff were so helpful and warm and welcoming, I felt very much at ease. Although not a big hotel with restaurant facilities, they had a machine for snacks and drinks and an outdoor terrace, also, eating places right outside the door. I walked to central Malaga in the morning which is well worth a visit for both shopping and generally looking around a lovely southern Spanish city. This is not a 5 start hotel, but it is excellent quality for the price.

Room Tip: My room had no outlook and it is on a busy corner but I didn't want to spend a lot of time in th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Given the price I paid, it was a great deal. The room was very clean and the location is excellent, perfect if you take the plane in the morning because you can take the Cercanías train from the station (on the opposite side of the square where the hotel is located). There is a lift (useful if you carry luggage) and even if wifi is supposed to be available only at the lobby I had access from my room. On the downside, decoration is awful and walls are too thin, i wouldn't recommend the hotel for a longterm stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 9, 2013

The hotel is poor overall. The rooms aren't clean (to the point of finding plastic bags covering the smoke detector), and the reception is plain rude. I was asked an extra 10 euro because I had a single room and wanted a friend to come in for five minutes (Seems single room means only you can enter it, beware of that). After agreeing to pay, I was rudely asked not to forget it with, textually "Don't complain about it later" And several "But you will pay later, huh". Finally, I couldn't properly sleep, given the hotel is right beneath a house building and poorly isolated, so I spent all night listening to my neighbour's TV and a baby crying.

Unpolite staff, not enough hygiene and absurd anti-crisis measures.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms if you are expecting a quiet stay. Watch out for covered smoke detectors.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank PedroPoole
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I needed a hotel close to the bus/train station for one night before flying home. This fitted the bill very well. The room and en-suite were clean with tv and air-conditioning (which I didn't need to use) and the staff were friendly and helpful. They willingly and without charge stored my bag for me while I was sightseeing on my day of departure. The hotel is within easy walking distance of the places of interest in the city, and is inexpensive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo