Hotel Zenit Malaga
  • Bar/Lounge
Room Mate Larios(Malaga)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrethe buswalking mileswell stocked supermarketnice hotelthree starreception staff were helpfulquiet side streetgave us a mapclose to the hotelplaza merceddouble roombig bathroomgood sizelast stopquiet locationold town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We paid just over 60 euros per night for this three star hotel, giving excellent value for couples and friends travelling together.
The room was well-equipped with air-conditioning, a separate bathroom, television with BBC & CNN in english, free wifi (the code can be found at reception), a safe, a wardrobe and a mini-bar with very reasonable prices (we paid 1.90 for a bottle of mineral water, you pay 1.50 to 2 euros in a cafe).
Reception was friendly and a great resource; they'll recommend bars and restaurants to suit your mood. We walked to Malagueta and it took just under half an hour; if you stay till sundown and don't fancy the walk back it's just 10 minutes and approx. 6 euros to get a taxi back to the Zenit (obviously this will vary depending on the taxi!).
Our flight was scheduled late the next evening and although check-out was at 12pm, we were able to leave our luggage in a secure room at the hotel after we checked out.
Great value, great location, really good experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank evoca
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Staying in this hotel was a very pleasurable experience. The room was clean and comfy (the only disadvantage was it had no window) and the staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast was available at the additional charge of 7 euros and totally worth it.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank aga_kt
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Hotel Zenit Malaga was lovely. The breakfast was a selection of cold meats and cheeses and croissants which at first I didn't think I would like but once I got stuck in I loved it and ate my fill.

The staff of Hotel Zenit Malaga were very pleasant and were happy to advise me how to use the free wireless internet and how to buy tickets for the Malaga vs Athletico Madrid football match.

The room was clean and silent with black-out curtains. I had really deep sleeps. The bed was very comfortable with a soft mattress that swallowed us up. The shower was really powerful and hot and satisfying after a long day of sightseeing around Malaga.

Lastly, a comment that isn't directly related to the hotel but concerns getting around Malaga...As we were only in Malaga for a few days we did not try out the buses, since we were afraid of getting lost. Having returned home, and having endured some pretty serious walking, I would encourage any future intrepid Malaga / Hotel Zenit holiday makers to make full use of the buses to get around, and back to the hotel again....otherwise you may find yourself getting lost completely (as we did) and walking miles unnecessarily.

A tip, when you arrive at the airport, get the train to Mario Zambrano (train station). Outside this train station there are loads of taxis. Get a taxi here to take you to the Hotel Zenit, and repeat this for getting back to the airport. It costs a heck of a lot less than any 'taxi booking' services I've looked at online.

I would stay at the Hotel Zenit Malaga again in an instant.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BelfastPeter77
Reviewed September 28, 2010

As has been mentioned before, part of the attraction of this hotel is that it's away from the main tourist haunts. We found a great bar which serves up excellent food a few minutes walk away. Follow the bus route towards the city and take about the third right, Calle Zanate, and you'll see it. We had some really nice and inexpensive bar food. A bonobus card is a useful buy to get in and out of town, just over €7 from any tabac.
Back to the hotel, I couldn't really fault it, I thought it was excellent value for money and it's in a nice quiet street too.This is the first time I used Zenit but it would be the last.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We have just returned from a great holiday in Malaga and stayed in Hotel Zenit. We booked the hotel mainly because of the price, and I can't argue that it was good value for money with clean, well equipped rooms, a good breakfast, and ok location.

The main gripe I have with the hotel is due to the information provided on their website. We booked this particular hotel because the website indicated that our rate would include a room with a balcony, and that many of the rooms had balconies. This is not the case. When we arrived, the room we were booked into did NOT have a balcony. When I went down to request that we be moved into a balcony room which we had already booked and paid for, I was told by the receptionist that there were only four rooms with balconies, and none of these were free. She also said that she didn't know when they would next be free, although we may have misunderstood one another due to language issues. After a few minutes discussion with the receptionist, another member of staff (presumably a manager) arrived and said that if we could wait for half an hour, then we could have a room with a balcony (I guess it was just being cleaned!) So we did get the balcony in the end, but only after we had kicked up a bit of a fuss, which wasn't the best start to the holiday. Also, the website states that there is a hotel bar, but when we enquired about this we were told that the bar was closed over summer. Neither of these things are major issues, but given that our booking was based on the information provided on the website, it seemed a bit dishonest to advertised these features of the hotel if they were not going to be available.

Other than this however, the hotel was fine. As others have mentioned, it's about a 20 min walk to the city centre, and about 30 mins to the beach, which wasn't a problem for us, and after a night out, a taxi back was about 5 euro, which we thought was reasonable.

Having said that, based on our experience with this holiday, we probably wouldn't return to this particular hotel on our next trip to Malaga.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple