“Bright & airy, clean & fresh” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel
Ranked #31 of 90 Hotels in Malaga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Bright & airy, clean & fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Lovely hotel, we, coming staff and large rooms with sea views. Dining room has a conservatory area over looking the sea and swimming pool, choice of meat and fish cooked fresh on the griddle, plenty of variety for both breakfast and evening meal.
Bus service from outside the hotel into Malaga. Large outdoor pool, gym and Indoor swimming pool, pool is free but chzrges are applied for use of gym or jacuzzi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank birdie187059
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear traveller,

Thank you for your excellent rating. On behalf or our entire TRYPers team I want to appreciate your very good opinion that you told us about your stay.

We are delighted to have been chosen and we hope to visit us again in a near future.

Regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

On the recommendation of my son and daughter-in-law, my daughter and I
booked this hotel. It was an excellent choice - we took day trips to Gibraltar
and to Tangiers, Morocco - being picked up at the hotel easily. I would
recommend this to anyone. A lovely and efficient hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

2 Thank Louise Witt B
Dear client,

Thank you very much for your excellent opinion about your stay between us.

These comments give us more energy to continue working for the high level of our guests.

I hope to visiti us again in a future.

Kind regards,

Inverness, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Hopefully this will be an unbiased review of this hotel, and takes into account some of the previous comments:

Checking in/Out: Very quick and efficient, Counter staff were friendly and very helpful. The TV remote in my room was faulty and once reported it was replaced within fifteen minutes. I arrived an hour before booking in time and was checked in early with no problem at all 10/10

Room: are a little "tired" a panel of my wardrobe had been damaged by previous clients and had been replaced with a piece of normal pine (picky in know but it is a four start hotel) walls were scuffed and tiling in bathroom had an unfinished feel.

House keeping was very good and the room was spotless on arrival.

Beds are firm but comfortable, pillows are very soft. I had a room looking toward Torremilinos and enjoyed the evening sun and lovely views along the beach towards Benalmadena.

TV has two English Channels, one was news which was handy to keep up to date, the other channels are French or Spanish so was good to practice my Spanish skills!

There are no Tea/Coffee making facilities, however you can buy at bar and take back to room. There are vending machines on various floors for cold drinks and the room has a small fridge which was a real bonus.

Aircon worked but was very (and I mean very!) noisy, would not have been able to sleep with it on. Room 7/10

Food: The bar and food area are together and all meals are served on a buffet format, (you help yourself.) The staff here are very efficient but not overly friendly, but they do their job very well so I cannot really complain.

I stayed half board, so had breakfast and evening meal. The food is very plentiful with a lot of choice. However this raises my main concern for the hotel and I feel it is quite an important failing. The food, although very well cooked and presented, the items on the hot plate are cold, not tepid, they are cold. They really do need to get this sorted, the bacon and eggs in the morning were sitting in congealed fat and at evening meal even though I was down for the restaurant opening at 1930 the food was still cold.

They have a grill area that is cooked as you ask, so I opted for food off here and topped up with salad and pickle so if you like your food hot then that is the way to go, and this is really good with the choice changing every evening. On the whole I found the food excellent.

Drinks came in at around 2.40 euros so not expensive at all for hotel prices.

I didn't use the gym or pool but both looked very nice, especially the outdoor pool. 7/10

Location. For me it was absolutely perfect as I was birdwatching on the nearby Gaudalhorce nature reserve, so you could not get closer, however if you are looking for a jumping night spot this place is not for you. The actual area is a bit run down but at weekends it is very well populated by locals using the beach and promenade.

Would I book this hotel again? Most definitely yes I would, however I would be wary of taking my partner as she likes her food hot and the failing of the hotplate may see me booking somewhere in Malaga. I would also recommend this hotel to others especially birders, on the proviso they get the food hot.

Overall 7.5/10

Room Tip: I think the best rooms would be looking towards Benalmadena/Torremilinos. Get the sun at night so y...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank David S
First of all, I want to thank you for having chosen Tryp Guadalmar for your stay.

I appreciate your consideration in sending us your personal comments.

Your opinion is an invaluable help and a stimulus in order to achieve a higher satisfaction level for our guests.

Warmest Regards,

Almere, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for two nights and I must say that Tryp Hotel Guadalmar really surprised us. We visited relatives in Guadalmar, which is a suburb of Malaga, so we thought it was convenient and it is also very close to Malaga airport. Reception staff was friendly and check in was quick. The parking (in front of the hotel) of our rental car was free. We are a family of 4 so we made a reservation for 2 rooms and requested for a high floor with sea or pool view. We got rooms on the sixth floor, with beautiful sea and pool view. The rooms were quite spacious with two very large beds. The next morning we enjoyed an excellent breakfast. It was buffet style, but the choice and quality was great. We checked out the pool-side and although it is February, it felt like summer. The water was too cold, but you could enjoy walking around and it is close to the beach. There was some construction going on at the beach side, but that is not strange during the low season. Because the breakfast was so good, we decided one evening to try the dinner buffet. This was great as well. The selection is limited, but the price was only 15 euros per person, including a drink. Housekeeping did a good job and was also very friendly. Sometimes we could hear people walking o the floor above us, because of the marble floors, but this was a minor thing. Overall a great stay and we will definitely come back. During the booking process my wife became a Melia member and we immediately got a discount on the reservation. Also as a Melia member you receive a 10 euro discount each day on hotel drinks and food during your stay. Tryp Hotel Guadalmar is really excellent!

Room Tip: Request for a high floor (max 8) and sea view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank tRAVellerOfTheW0rld
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This is our third day here and just wanted to put review now. The staff and I mean all the staff here are wonderful really polite. Very helpful. Our room has a great view of the beach/sea and is really roomy. The food so far has been great. I am sure I will be a few pounds heavier by time we leave. The indoor heated swimming pool has been great and they supply towels so you don't have bring yours from your room. For us this place has been great. Brilliant walks on the beach and then in the heated pool after. Will definitely come to this hotel again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank del2010_10
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear traveller,

These comments encourage us to continue working daily in this way.

I will share your opinion with all the staff and please do not hesitate to contact me when you come back again.

Thank you very much.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here as part of a tour, and it seems this hotel caters to groups. We were well treated, and the location is beautiful, but it still lacked a few things.

The wifi worked very well. The lobby is large and comfortable. The pool and beach are beautiful and there's a quaint little bar out on the beach that serves fresh seafood and drinks. The rooms are spacious, although the housekeeping could be a little better. The views are spectacular, especially in the morning and evening.

On the other hand, the parking is very tight, especially for buses. There is no ATM on site and the hotel is located very far from the centre of town. There's a small grocery up the street, but the only ATM is located out in the middle of a neighborhood street. It's not what I would call safe.

Breakfast was nice, with a good variety and staff kept the food fresh, which was nice. I can see how this would be a beautiful place to spend a weekend on the beach of the Mediterranean.

Room Tip: Obviously, the best rooms face the sea, but the one we had on the side was a close second.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank canuckshutterbug
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Traveller,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel and the excellent Mediterranean sea views.

We hope you can visit us again in a future and it will be a pleasure to give you a nice room with these views.

Kind regards,

Leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Good place to stay if you want a beach/pool available but also an easy trip into the city. The bus goes from outside the hotel half-hourly and takes about twenty minutes for 1.30 euros. Sponge and slippers provided. Toiletries are just shower gel on the wall. Large beds, adequate breakfast without being anything special. Perfectly reasonable modern hotel in convenient location if you do not want to be in central Malaga. Indoor and outdoor pools.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

2 Thank GeraldineLeeds
Javier T, Gerente at Tryp Malaga Guadalmar Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Traveller,

Thank you very much for your excellent comment. I will transmit your words to my staff and we hope to visit us again in a future.

Warmest Regards,