This hotel is very well situated for sightseeing the compact city of Malaga. Just next door is the Larios shopping centre with a good foodhall covering most tastes, we used the Block House each evening and found the meals there perfectly fine. There is also a supermarket for sundries.
Our room on arrival was stiflingly hot, the window was closed so we assumed it would cool with the fan on and window open. However, after a sticky uncomfortable night, we asked reception why the air con was not on, we were told that at this time of year, March, we have the heating on, the air con comes later! We were though moved to a much nicer, cooler room at the front of the hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the room well equipped although lacking in tea/coffee making facilities.
The breakfasts were plentiful and delicious, served in a spotless dining room, each day available from 7a.m. except for Saturday which is 8a.m. worth knowing that it is later if you have to leave early for your flight as we did.
Staff at reception were eager to help, we did notice there were no leaflets or maps displayed for tourists.
We stayed for 4 nights and were very pleased with our choice and its location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opened in 1999, the Tryp Alameda hotel is strategically located close to the harbor, the historical city center and the commercial & business district of Malaga. Next to the bus and AVE station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Alameda Hotel Malaga
- Tryp Hotel Alameda
- Tryp Hotel málaga
- Tryp Malaga Alameda Hotel Spain - Costa Del Sol