“amazing villa/view”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Bonifacio

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Malaga
Villa Bonifacio
Ranked #75 of 135 Specialty Lodging in Malaga
portsmouth
“amazing villa/view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

my family and i had an amazing holiday this villa is beautiful with the most fantastic view would love to wake every day to it,how ever the drive up to the villa did have me on the edge of my seat but i would do it all again and do plan to go back . we found a lovely resterunt in the small town of maro well worth a vist and the beach down there was lovely too ..x

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
watford
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

This is one time where the positive beauty of the villa is offset by the negative journey from, and to the residence. I am not one fond of hairpin bends, narrowing to a single lane with no barriers, on steep cliff edges,quite frankly you would be insane to consider using any other gear than first for the ENTIRE journey to the villa due to the inherent danger caused by the lack of safety barriers and the width of the ‘road’, none of which was mentioned when either booking the holiday, or in the details of the holiday. If this does not bother you then this villa would be perfect!

If you have never driven left hand drive on the right side of the road you may find this journey very scary, I know I did!

Driving down is also recommended in a low gear without hardly any need for gas, this gives you an idea of the steepness of the whole journey from/back to the main road.

The state of the journey to and from the villa means that you are not advised to leave/return during the darkening hours, so you are exluded from any nightime trips (the nightime visit to Alhambra Palace is out of the question!), Also there is nothing within walking distance. The fact that it is in a national park led me to believe that I would be able to go for walks and see the flora and fauna, but there is nowhere to go. It takes about 25 minutes to reach Nerja for shops and supermarkets by car (you cannot walk).

The view from the villa itself is spectacular, and it is clean and large, the main problem is the neighbours dogs which bark all night, every night (except one night, when the neigbhours were actually in residence, they do not stay in their villa during the week and take care of the bonifacia villa, but their dogs are there all week)

There were two adults and two teenagers in our party, if you have younger children then I would think they would find it boring, there is a dvd player so bring your own with you. They do have Satellite TV so you can get some channels, especially childrens ones, but probably not in English (we were able to get BBC World News)

There is a lovely BBQ area under the patio where we ate most nights (as we could not go out due to the journey down the mountain) so stock up on lighter fluid coals etc. They did not have much utensils so we purchased tongs/forks etc, and we left them for others to use (wooden handles, if they are not there ask why not!)

IMPORTANT, make sure you clean up vigorously afterwards otherwise you will end up with an Ant infestation, that goes for anything you open. There is no point buying sugar and leaving it on the side, PUT everything into the fridge (we bought sliced bread, put it in the freezer, and toasted it from frozen when needed), otherwise you will find, even if you have not opened it, that when you do it will be crawling with Ants!. Also buy lots of raid to spray where necessary, the store own brands DO NOT WORK!

There is no A/C, something which does not bother us, but note that others may find the heat a problem, so be aware.

If you want seclusion, and are looking for a relaxing holiday where you can stock up on food/drink, and stay in the villa away from everyone and everything (mobile signals are scarce) then this is just for you, but I personally would not recommend it for anyone who is not comfortable driving this type of terrain, I did not enjoy driving up and down with my family in the car knowing that one wrong move or a slip at a corner could mean the end of us. I spent the first couple of nights unable to sleep worrying about the journey back down, and thereafter each journey was handled with extreme care. Maybe I am just overcautious but I don't think so (especially as the car lost traction on the way up on the first day with us and our luggage, on the second to last bend).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank radan

Travelers are raving about these Malaga hotels