“Traditional Meson with local dishes”
Review of El Trillo Malaga

El Trillo Malaga
Reserve with
El Trillo Malaga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #190 of 2,164 Restaurants in Malaga
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed January 15, 2013

El Trillo is situated just of the main pedestrian street "Larios". We have been there a number of times for tapas in the nice, and for Malaga, spacious bar area.

The make some fantastic Croquettas de Bacalao.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

So, I can understand what some of the other reviewers are saying . there are so many delicious restaurants in Malaga and el trillo is a little expensive . I still have it for stars . our fried octopus was amazing . So good . I could have eaten the whole order (we split it as an appetizer). I got the artichoke stuffed with broad beens and mousse fois . it was very good . the best food I've had in Malaga? no . but still very good . my friend got Galician veal . he seemed to like it . he loved his wine, a recommendation from the waiter . the desserts were amazing . we had manchego cheesecake (only get this if you really like the taste of manchego), the tocino el cielo which was incredible, then the waiter also brought us this dessert that started with a p it was s traditional Spanish dessert . also yummy . they even gave us a dessert for free because it was my friends birthday . the patio was beautiful, our waiter was great, good wine and beer, amazing app and dessert, and good mains .

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really good spanish fare, cooked properly. Nice wines too, Ribera del Duero 'Pesquera' particularly good value. Waiters were charming and helpful, even advising that we were ordering too much!

Lovely location for people watching/basking and outside is the place to be.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had 2 meals in this restaurant when in Malaga at end of october . It looks the part and the waiters are fine but the chef has a missing gene . My partner had a veal stroganoff without the veal ! and when we went back another time we had a tuna salad without tuna . Both ommissions were corrected with apologies but you wonder how often the chef gets away with it .

1  Thank barrieAyr
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

An overall lovely experience.
Me and my husband are currently here in Malaga on a short break. We decided to eat here as the welcomer lady was so friendly and took time to explain things. I asked for a translation on the menu and a waiter very pleasantly explained.
We shared the cod and spinach tortilla to start, this came with an optional honey dressing which was AMAZING.
My husband had cod with clams and asparagus and I had lightly battered hake,roast potatoes and green bean salsa. they were lovely. We each had dessert and a couple of large liquers. we also had a lovely bottle of rioja and he had a couple of beers. The food and drink were great, fish a bit salty bit tasty, service attentive and the bill 86 euros for a special time. We are here until Tuesday and intend to go back as the menu is extensive and interesting.