“Good Hostel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Malaga Hostel
Ranked #57 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Malaga
“Good Hostel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This hostel came in clutch as I made a last second trip down to Málaga. My friends already had a place to stay and Málaga Hostel was nearby. Walked in and booked a room without any problems. Right next to the beach and 10 min bus ride to the city center. If you base location on how close it is the the center then you shouldnt travel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank mdeel7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hey all, so like I say at the beginning of every review this review is pure honesty.
I got back from malaga 2 weeks ago now, we flew with Ryan air we didn't take any suitcases just hand luggage on the way there was no problem, oh I should probably tell you we rented a villa out there which was very basic it had 2 beds, a sitting room and bathroom and a balcony with a beautiful view, the only thing that let the villa down was no air con which was hard to sleep at night.

We stayed close to a town ( the square ) which was very good we passed a few markets which is good for coffee/ milk and snacks and is cheap, we met a nice Irish family who go every year and told us the more we eat in the square the more money it costs, we ate at the most nicest pizza place ever.

I would highly recommend you consider share a portion of good as one night we ordered pork and the three of us shared it and it was plenty.

Ermmm as we stayed in a villa we found that there was not much to do for the young ones ( I'm 21) so I would recommend a lot of games, also the villa we stayed in had a TV but only a DVD player was available so we took the box set of bones over and watch it for the week.

I hope this review has helped :)

• Stayed August 2013
Hilterfingen, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

As a couple we stayed in this hostel for 1 night in May because of all the great comments on tripadvisor. Well, we do not really understand all this raving about the place. It is new and well kept. But it is way too expensive. We made a reservation online which was straight forward. The double room is 46€. For this price, we expected a ensuite bathroom. In Andalusia you can easily get an ensuite room for this price. As we arrived, we were negatively surprised that it was a shared bathroom. This is not a problem for us at all - but not for this price! The room was ok clean. The bathroom was clean in the beginning, but in the evening it was not really nice (well, this depends on the people sharing). The shower was good, but the toilet was a different thing. The door was so close to the toilet bowl that your nose hit the door while sitting on the toilet (and it was a messy one). There is a kitchen which you can use which is nice and a great terrasse with nice views. Be prepared to a lot of traffic noise even at night. The location for us was great as it is out of town near the beach where there is a nice suburban feeling and a great market on sundays. In general it was an ok stay, but not more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is by far the best Hostel in all of Malaga! The international staff are extremely, friendly, helpful and educated and speak English, Spanish and French perfectly! The rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are sparkling clean and the owner Laura always goes beyond her duty to assist guests!

It has a beautiful rooftop terrace overlooking the beach, it is a 2 minute walk to the beach, a grocery store, bars, restaurants and a bus stop. The atmosphere inside the hostel is always cheerful! Excellent for meeting new people and having a wonderful time! My only regret is that I could not live there permanently!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hostel 3 separate times while I was in the Malaga area. It's not in the center of the city, so in the off season it's very quiet--you're likely to get a whole dorm room to yourself.

If you are only visiting Malaga for a few days, this may not be the best place for you. But, if you want a beach vacation in the summer, this place would be perfect. Also, if you are studying at one of the many language schools in the eastern part of Malaga, this is a great alternative to the pricey student housing. And if you're going to be in Malaga for any length of time, this is a good place to get a feel for the real city--not just the busy center.

The hostel is at the edge of the El Palo neighbourhood with supermarkets, shops, bars, restaurants, and it's just two blocks from the El Palo beach which is very nice (I was there in winter, so I can only imagine how nice it is in summer). It's also very easy to access the center--you can walk along the beach in 45 minutes, or take the Number 11 bus or the N1 night bus.

The staff are very nice and accommodating. This kitchen is great and there are laundry facilities. Most of the rooms have balconies.

The only problem I found was that when staying in a mixed dorm there is no privacy because the bathrooms are also dorm-style with very small toilet stalls, shower stalls, and sinks in the open. It wasn't an issue for me since the place was pretty empty while I was there, but I could foresee an issue in the summer when it's busy. I would probably opt for a private room during the high season. But, the bathrooms are always very clean.

Room Tip: The hostel is very small. There is only one private single and one private double, so if you know yo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Inari, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed 2 nights at the hostel with my friend. It's the best hostel I've ever been to! Everything is extremely well: the staff knows everything about Málaga and is very helpful and they can speak English very well. The rooms are spacy and clean and beautiful, and there are many terraces in the hostel. The kitchen is well-equipped and really clean, and I liked the breakfast a lot!

The only bad thing is that the hostel isn't at the city center. It wasn't easy to find the bus that goes near the hostel, but once we got into the bus and got off at the right stop, we found the hostel immediately. It's nice to have the beach within 200 meters!

So, if you're going to Málaga and stay in a hostel, you really should stay in Málaga hostel:)

Room Tip: The road is quite near and the walls are thin, so if you have the possibility to choose a room (we d...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sunnalauren
Sofia, Bulgaria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed in the Hostel for many days and I can definitely recommend it to everyone who is going to visit Málaga. The hostel is one of the best I've seen in Europe. It's extremely clean and with a modern look. Actually you feel more like in a Hotel than in a Hostel. The rooms are big and bright. The common rooms are really nice and with everything you may need. One of the best thing is the roof terrace where the view is amazing, try to catch the sunset over there! The staff is always friendly and helpful. The hostel is less than 5 min from the beach area (full of bars and restaurants) and 10 min with the bus from the city center. So if you want to enjoy the night life in the city center it won't be any problem to come back with the night bus (which is maybe every 30 min- 1 h.) I will definitely come back on my next visit of Málaga.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends