“great location”
Review of NH Malaga

NH Malaga
Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Malaga
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Just stayed one night to make an early flight from Malaga. The location just near the old town. I found the staff very friendly and the rooms comfortable and clean. We left at 5am so didn't have breakfast, so I cannot comment om that. An excellent stay and will return.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The hotel is in great location. Near the metro. Go to the Municipal Market nearby for a fabulous range of cheeses.
Andalucia is known for flamenco. I bought a authentic made to measure dress for grandaughter at a nearby shop in the old quarter..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have arrived to Malga for a week of business checked in NH Malaga and enjoyed my stay very much.
The hotel is simple but up to date, if you are looking for fancy hotel this will not be your choice. If you are looking for clean and spacious room and a wonderful staff that always help with smile and seems like they enjoy most to serve you in the best possible way. Breakfast is wonderful and so are all the meals I had.
The hotel located 15 minutes walking distance from the harbor with lots of restaurants and shopping centers.
Thank you NH I will gladly come back.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Anat100
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel would have got 5 out of 5 had it not been for the mirrors.
There were three: an adjustable shaving mirror with one spotlight behind my right shoulder and one front left; a big, perfectly lit mirror above the wash-basin, but stretching to see my face in it meant getting my dress wet; and one above the fridge/minibar, with a spotlight aimed at the top of my head provided I stood 3 feet away, (and because of the fridge I could not stand any closer). So I applied make-up using my powder compact mirror standing by the window.

Otherwise the room was well furnished and comfortable (pillows on a par with most European hotels, not good), large, clean, comfortable, well lit with lots of reading light, window which opened, good A/C, Bathroom had everything one could need apart (from the lack of make-up mirrors for ladies who wear glasses), including enough space to put my toiletries, decent shower.
Breakfast had almost everything | could imagine except fried eggs and decent tea (note: I am from England) plus quite a lot I had never imagined eating at breakfast and really enjoyed trying. It was a buffet so I have no comments about service, except that the place was clear and fresh looking, and my empty plates were tidied away promptly.
Reception was efficient and friendly and helpful, the little cubicle where I printed out my boarding cards was much easier to use than many hotel business desks, the lounge area in the lobby was attractive and comfortable.
Location was very acceptable, not dead centre but within an easy walk of most of the places I wanted to walk to, with good variety of shops nearby and some sightseeing which could be sneaked into the 30 - 60 minute breaks in our conference programme. I particularly enjoyed finding the local food-market and stocking up on fresh and dried and bottled water (much cheaper than minibar).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mehero
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel was amazing - we just stayed for one night but still it was just what we needed!

Great with aircondition in the lobby, amazing english speaking staff at the front desk who were also very helpful with maps of the area.

The hotelroom were CLEAN with clean fresh towels, a small fridge and a soft great huge bed with soft CLEAN sheets and CLEAN curtains with black-out effect.

Everything was just SO CLEAN and that means A LOT to me, as there is nothing more nasty than other peoples hair and stains.

Only downside was that the free WiFi provided by the front desk, only allowed you to use 100 mb pr. 24 hours and I use at least 1 GB as a journalist. When the WiFi is free, I would expect it to be plenty - so I had to get a bunch of codes from the front desk for working.

Besides that, I have nothing to complain about - I would stay here again in a heartbeat!!!

The parking garage was clean and with lots of light and elevator all the way up. We did't use the pool or Spa.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip for 4 days. Very easy to get to, an easy train journey from the airport to Malaga-Centro Alameda and then a short walk (follow the exit C/Alemania) to the hotel. Once at the hotel, its a short walk to the city centre, the sights and restaurants.

The hotel was spotless and the staff professional and friendly. My bedroom was very comfortable and, most importantly, had a good quality bed with proper support. The room was quiet at night and air-conditioning worked flawlessly.

If you have the choice you should take the breakfast. An excellent range of food, and the staff were happy to make any variation of eggs (omelet, scrambled, etc). We took our meals in the hotel during the workday and the staff were a great help throughout.

The hotel is great value for what you get. I'll be coming back again!

Room Tip: I had a room at the 'back' of the hotel, it was really quiet (even though it was next to the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night, August 6, in a double room No. 219. The hotel itself is well located and you can walk to anywhere. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Most importantly for me, I could open the windows. We had a problem when letting out the water in the bath, it came up through the outlet in the floor into the bathroom but we told reception and they got it cleaned up when we were out. They did offer us another room immediately but as we were only going to use the shower the next time, we decided it was not worth the hassle. We did not have the breakfast as we preferred to go out to a local bar but it looked good and fresh with a lot of variety. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: The rooms on the side of the (dry) river bed have a more open view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple