“Provide a good service, but will be more careful next time”

Bike Tours Malaga We Bike Malaga
Highlights and Treasures of Malaga City Bike Tour
$23.53*
Malaga Bike Rental
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Malaga with Bike Tours Malaga on bicycles! Our Original Bike Tours give you deeper view into the best of Malaga: history, urban stories, squares, beaches, shops, people...You will enjoy the sites and sensations of Malaga with the freedom and pleasure of riding a bicycle, discovering more than by walking or from the seat of a tourist bus. The Bike Tours Malaga - WE BIKE MALAGA - team of trained enthusiastic guides will show you the historical details and the fascinating experiences of the day to day life and the symbolic places of Malaga. Our Bike Tours are designed for all ages. We stop every few hundred meters for sightseeing. The streets of Malaga are flat and smooth, make for easy biking. NEW from 2017 - E-Bikes and E-Bike Tours offered by Bike Tours Malaga. Check out our daily runned E-Bike Tour of Malaga.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Clevedon, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Provide a good service, but will be more careful next time”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I rented a touring bike from this shop last week. The staff spoke English and were helpful. The bike was good quality and well equipped. I had a great ride from Malaga to Gibraltar and back.

However, I would suggest two things to make sure you're clear, as it wasn't clear to me:

1. When you rent a bike from them, they draw up a binding contract, so you need to be sure how long you need a bike for. It's difficult for a touring cyclist to know exactly how long they need. I reserved it for 4 days, but picked up an injury on day 3. I took it back a day early, and had to pay for the day that I didn't have the bike.

2. If you rent panniers, they're 3 euros per day PER BAG. The guy in the shop said the panniers are 10 euros for 4 days which I thought was reasonable, but only realised it was actually 20 euros after I returned the bike. I assumed it was for both as noone should really ride an unbalanced bike.

Overall it cost me 75 euros for 3 days riding. I could have rented a car for the same price, so I was a little disappointed. It would have been nice of them to refund the last day considering I picked up an injury and couldn't ride anymore, but I'm sure most of the time they're nice people.

Visited May 2013
bike2malaga, Manager at Bike Tours Malaga We Bike Malaga, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Bougie74! First of all - thank you very much for review and contacting us for your biking holiday in Malaga.

As manager of the company, I would like to explain our point of view and how we work:

- by contacting us via email/formular you give us your wish time to keep the bike. This again we ask by signing the contract - so this is economic base for us to work. The same happen in another sectors like Hotels, Restaurants, Car Hire... There is always a option to you to get more days to keep the bikes, but it is difficult to plan when bikes come earlier back and need to be refunded. This is also clear descripted on our homepage, our signing contract.

- Renting Travelling Accesories: we give it as option, you can always bring your own bags to put them on bike. The daily rent of ORTLIEB 40 l (the best on market you can get) is also clear. It depends on you if you want to have 1 or 2 (there also travellers who rent one bag). It is always a decision of clients to take or not to take travelling accesories.

Also we are giving free of charge all neccessary assecories that you get problemless bike ride: SPD or SPD SL pedals, Repair tool kit, pump, spare inner tube, tools, helmet. Elsewhere you also got to pay for it - we give it for free

- Comparing with Car Hire companies or other bike rentals: We are working everyday and ask for same price in summer as in winter. You can get a car now cheap, in summer you pay 5x so much. If you compare the bike hire (just bike, no accesories) in Austria, Scottland or France you will see that they are mostly 20-40% more expensive than we do.

We try to offer quality to a reasonable price. Our prices are officially published on our homepage. There are not hidden cost - everything you contract you now it before. If you don't have something clear, there are several channels to get through your doubts: email, mobile, personal question when in the shop.

I am very happy that you got a great bike trip from Malaga to Gibraltar and then back. But I don't understand your average review as we try always to help every client visiting us, offering a quality and service, trying to make your bike trip in Andalusia as best as possible. The only one thing we can't control: injuries during the bike trips, weather and state of roads.

Hope to see you again in Malaga, to speak to you personnaly and offer you a discount for the next bike holiday in Malaga. Best regards, Vladimir from team bike2malaga

• Finnish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Top service. Hire your bike here when in Málaga.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Very friendly staff, all speak different languages. Vladimir is very quick in answering questions via e-mail. The bikes are in good condition, although i was unlucky with my rear derailler. I was offered a new bike immediately. Because it was my last day of cycling, that was not necessary. I did not do the bike tour but just had a bike to explore the hills in the Málaga area.

I am very happy and thankful that Bike2Málaga also support Tour for Life.

Highly recommended when in Málaga.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sean-Marleen
bike2malaga, Leiter Front Office at Bike Tours Malaga We Bike Malaga, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hello Sean-Marleen,

thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear, that you had a nice time with our bike.
Hopefully we see you again some day. Then certainly without a problem with the rear derailleur.
Kingston, Canada
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“An Interesting and Different Way to See Malaga”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I did the 'Tapas & Wine' bike tour of central Malaga in April 2013. The weather for this was just perfect - not too hot and certainly not cold. We two were the only people to register for that tour that day. As a result, Vladimir was able to customize the tour to our needs as we have been to Malaga before and previously visited some of the sites on the traditional tourist 'hit list' covered by the bike tour. As a result, we rode our bikes to various places we had not previously visited. At each significant point, Vladimir would stop and explain what there was to see. We stopped at Madeinterranea for our tapas and wine. See photographs. The tapas were beautifully prepared and delicious as was the sweet Malaga wine we were served with the tapas. Navigating the narrow streets and crowds of central Malaga was a challenge after our short stop! The tour took almost exactly the three hours allocated. Thanks again, Vladimir for a great trip!

3 Thank JenMarkCo
Best wishes to Canada! Thank you very much that you took the time for that detailed review and for the pictures. We had a very nice tour with you. Until the next time!
Zurich, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Good bike tour guide with interesting insights”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I would definitely recommend this bike tour to anyone who likes a slightly different style of city tour with some insights which you wouldn't get by just visiting the city by yourself. We had a great time!

1 Thank Renavrena84
We send some sun and very kind regards to London! Thanks a lot for your review. Till the next time!
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Equipment and Service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Vladimir, was extremely helpful, and the quality of the bike excellent, clear and effective instructions on where to bike, and a great mix of available terrain - the coast run - 60 or 80 km is recommended

1 Thank Geoffsm2208
Sunny regards from Málaga to London! Thank you Geoff, that you took the time for a shot review. See you the next time at bike2malaga!