“Generous”

Los Mellizos, Malaga
Reserve with
Los Mellizos, Malaga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 2,209 Restaurants in Malaga
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I was alone in Malaga on business for 1 week. I had heard that this seafood restaurant is worth a visit. I dined there for dinner the first night of my visit. I had 3 items which were delicious: red bell pepper salad, skewer of shrimp, fried calamari. It was Sunday and the restaurant was EXTREMELY busy. There were no tables available on the terrace but the staff found me a table inside.

I returned 3 days later for another dinner after walking around the center of Malaga visiting local sites. This time (Wednesday evening) not as busy. I was given a table on the terrace. There was just 1 other table with customers (older German couple). I again had an excellent dinner (when ordering the waiter thought I had ordered a bit too much and said "I'll bring you half a portion (of a particular appetizer) I think you'll find that will be enough". He was right.
Finally when ready to pay, I suddenly realized that I had been pick pocketed BEFORE coming to the restaurant (as no one was sitting near my table)! Besides the surprise I had the embarassement of not being able to pay for my meal! The waiter was calm and sympathetic. He returned with the manager and they both said no problem for returning tomorrow to pay (total bill just 30 euros).
The following day I did just that. They seemed a bit surprised to see me and were very happy that I had returned but also that I was ok again financially. In sum, good food and caring staff.

1  Thank Zuluquebec
Write a ReviewReviews (1,259)

Reviewed February 20, 2012

great fresh food resonable prices and outstanding service i will definately come back

Reviewed December 7, 2011

very good fish, very good waiters, very good placed in the historical center

Reviewed November 3, 2011

We went twice during our recent visit to Benámadena. The restaurant is only open until late afternoon and provides a wonderful selection of fish. The price is reasonable and service is excellent ~ almost feverish.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Given that Malaga is part of the Costa del Sol, my husband and I were excited to try the seafood in the area. The staff at AC Malaga Palacio hotel recommended the nearby restaurant, Los Mellizos. They have both indoor and outdoor seating with very attentive, accommodating staff. You will notice a couple of staff (most likely management) standing at the entrance in suits to attract customers to the restaurant. Once seated, the manager sent over a complimentary seafood salad which was said to be popular in Malaga. Our waiter suggested that we try a shrimp dish called “Pil-pil” which was sizzling shrimp in a spicy oil. This was absolutely delicious. We also ordered a monkfish skewers dish which was also perfectly prepared and very fresh. At the end of the meal, the manager also sent us a complimentary drink as a nightcap. We definitely could not complain :) At the end of the night, my husband slipped the manager a tip as he shook his hand. This may have been the highlight of the night as we saw him tell the other staff about the swift exchange.

While the dishes seem a bit pricey, the quality of the food is excellent. The portions are also very good. We ended up sitting outside because the weather was perfect but we would definitely recommend the inside as it was very nicely decorated and formal. Sitting inside also keeps you away from the street performers who are able to come up to the outdoor tables and ask for money. Either way, we definitely recommend this restaurant for ambiance, service, and of course, for the seafood!

1  Thank snv4u