“Welcome and comfortable”

Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in Malaga
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SUITENOVOTEL, Director de Recepción at Novotel Suites Malaga Centro, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Write a ReviewReviews (1,645)

Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here twice now. It is a great hotel and value for money. Breakfast was ideal, coffee fruit juice, cereals and toast etc. The room is spacious and shower wonderful! Easy to get to from airport on public transport, line A stops outside corte ingles and costs 3 euro . Staff are very friendly and speak perfect English. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in malaga now .

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rosemarymartin

Good evening,

First of all we would like to thank you for trusting in our hotel and our services, and for sharing with us your positive observations.

We will communicate it to our team, and I am sure that it will stimulate them to keep trying to give the best attention to our guests.

For any questions or reservation request, you can contact us directly by phone or by email.
We thank you again for sharing with us your experience at Suite Novotel Málaga Centro.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed for a week in April. The hotel is very modern and simplistic in it's design which may not appeal to all but it is in a great location to be able to walk and tour Malaga itself and of course there are plenty of eateries in the old town.

Good clean and comfortable bedrooms with most facilities provided. Staff is friendly and helpful and fluent in English, French languages.

Breakfast offered is at extra cost and is a fairly basic but good quality continental buffet.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Good evening,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Suite Novotel Malaga Centro. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Reviewed April 20, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I just got home from staying at this hotel with my mom for a week. The first room I was put in had wet floors on my arrival and the a/c was not working. The next room wasn't any different in style but at least the a/c worked. According to my standards this hotel being of the ''Novotel'' chain was average at best. Pros: little kitchenette area for preparing foods from the local market when you come home for a little siesta in between seeing the sights, soundproof rooms, comfortable shower and bath, great walking distance to the old town full of great shopping and cafes for people watching and some amazing foods. Cons: the hotel needs a major update to stay in line with Accor hotels and every other Novotel property I've ever stayed at. For the price I paid for the week I wish I went the extra bit and stayed at the more modern hotel just across the promenade (Vinicci something or other). I stopped in to take a look at not only was service excellent but it was extremely clean and modern and the staff was more than welcoming to show us around and even the rooms. It was a total 360 from the Novotel. I'm not saying don't stay at the Novotel.....if you're just wanting a comfortable place to crash in a good distance to the old town that's just what it is. But if you want a truly up to par hotel in still a great location, I would spend the extra if you can for the higher rated hotel (and now i see why). The Novotel was comfortable as home base but we had a lot of problems right from the start and then the overhead shower wasn't working in our room and nobody ever came to fix it after it was reported......thank goodness for the bath and at least part of the shower that did work. This hotel needs a renovating and a stiff re-organization of what customer service is. The monies for the week was still not cheap and for it I would have expected a bit better.....perhaps it's my New York attitude of a certain way of being treated but I did expect more than what I found here. If you must stick to a budget and can deal with certain things not being on par, there is nothing really THAT wrong with this place but I feel there's a lot of room for improvement. I guess I just expected better. But then again, that's my right. Also at check out, I gave my keys back and the gentleman at the desk didn't remind me I had a 10 Euro deposit on a converter I was able to borrow to charge my electronics. I would think it should say this under my room number.....luckily I remembered and ran up and grabbed it or I would have lost 10 Euro. Like I said, it's the little things. Still, we slept well and again the pre-Easter processions were gorgeous. If we didn't have this entertainment of such magnitude I would have been a bit more irked about staying here. (we did not eat here as there are tons of local places much cheaper for REAL Spanish foods breakfasts/others for much less). Def go shopping in the old town and explore every little alley for cafes and boutiques. The shopping was great at least.

Room Tip: Make sure everything in your room is working before you go through the trouble of unpacking entirely...

Good evening,

Your stay in our hotel clearly did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.

I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Suite Novotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with our daughter. Great room with dividing curtain. Excellent "rainshower" shower room, also a separate bath. Great to have fridge and microwave. Lovely toiletries. Great location. Good service. Breakfast actually pretty good. Watched 2 films on the "on demand" TV whilst resting between sightseeing! Free very fast wifi. Will definitely use these again.

2  Thank loulouleeds