After 2 weeks in a wet and cold Andalucia, and having spent 000 s of euros at paradors, my last experience was haggling over 20 euros at 4 in the morning as we left for an early flight. On check in I'd been promised a credit towards dinner to make up for the fact that we weren't going to be able to enjoy our prepaid breakfast, but somehow the message hadn't made it to the bill.
On the other hand, our room was fine, with a great view into the bull ring, but location is a bit of a problem. You really don't want to park in Malaga and it's a bit of a trek down (and then UP) the direct path . And in the rain that slate path can be treacherous.
Food in the restaurant is not great. There's buffet for both appetizers and desserts and nothing memorable in either. Main courses are limited and cooked to order, and I had to send back my very rare veal escalope, which meant my husband and I ate in shifts. I think all the paradors we stayed at could step up on the culinary side.
Also, not sure about the sheet metal headboards. Who thought they were a good idea?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by pines, the Parador de Málaga Gibralfaro stands atop Mount Gibralfaro opposite the Alcazaba (Citadel), with views of the bay and city of Malaga from a unique perspective. The common areas, guest rooms and rooftop swimming pool offer beautiful views of the town and sea. Here you will enjoy traditional Andalusian culinary offerings, including exquisite Málaga-style fried fish. In Málaga, you won't want to miss the Pablo Ruíz Picasso Foundation Birthplace Museum, where you will discover more than 230 works by the painter. The hotel, built out of stone next to Gibralfaro Castle, is the ideal location for visiting the city and enjoying sports such as golf and tennis at the nearby Parador del Golf. Málaga and its surrounding area are filled with light and beauty, offering the perfect vantage point overlooking the Mediterranean, a wonderful experience in which warm temperatures and the joy of Andalusia are assured. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Parador de Malaga Gibralfaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Parador De Malaga Gibralfaro Hotel Malaga
- Parador De Malaga Gibralfaro málaga
- Parador Malaga
- Parador De Malaga Gibralfaro Spain - Costa Del Sol