“Great value, great food in lovely Málaga”

El Vegetariano de la Alcazabilla
Ranked #157 of 2,209 Restaurants in Malaga
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've eaten quite a few times in this, one of Málaga's few dedicated veggie restaurants, and i find myself heading back there more often than any of the others. The food is always interesting and now they have a great offer of a few different dishes and a drink - all for just 5€. Great for people like me who want to stop by and have a veggie snack rather than a full meal.

1  Thank philspeirs

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very good selection of veggie meals, close to city centre.
Wine a bit pricey, but otherwise good value.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I eat meat but my partner is a vegetarian, we've tried a lot of vegetarian restaurants in Spain. Some equate vegetarian with health freak and serve crank type food of mushed up vegetables and don't really try to satisfy taste and give a 'dining' experience. This place does not fall into that camp, it is cute, it has a proper, extensive menu, it serves wine. The food tastes very good and you can have a normal meal of starters, sides etc The variety is good, I had a selection plate that had croquettes, roasted vegetables, empanadas - and all tasted good and distinct from each other. For me, perhaps because I do eat meat also, that was enjoyable and elevated this meal above the standard veggie offering in Spain. It is also a very cute premises.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

As Spain is not the best country for vegetarians when it comes to food, this cute little restaurant was a real surprise!
Already the location is nice, a tiny little alleyway in the heart of the historic centre, just a few steps from the Alcazaba and Plaza de la Merced. The waiter was also very friendly and welcoming.
They offer a nice range of vegetarian dishes, many of them seemed to us as the cook's own idea; in every case they have an imaginative cook who makes more out of vegetables than you may expect.

1  Thank JasminchenHD
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We had an excellent mean at this little restaurant - pleasant to sit outside.
I had courgette and peanut rissoles which came with rice and an interesting salad and my husband had a pasta dish and we both thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Prices were very reasonable and the meals were filling.

1  Thank reginaecohen