TripAdvisor
Malaga
Post
Inbox
Search

“Delicious fresh authentic food”
Review of Pitaya

Pitaya
Order Online
Ranked #1,025 of 2,851 Restaurants in Malaga
Description: A tidy setting, authentic and creative cuisine, fresh and healthy products: this is PITAYA’s® recipe for an incredible trip to Thailand during your lunch break.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spotted this restaurant because of the delicious looking bowls of food coming out to the customers sitting outside - they looked amazing. We were not disappointed. The staff are friendly and helpful, suggesting gluten free choices.
Absolutely the most delicious Thai food and all for €10

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (59)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Having been to Thailand earlier in the year I was a bit dubious about trying Thai in Spain ..... well I was really proven wrong. Fantastic friendly service ...amazing food and excellent value. Try it

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed the food and price was very reasonable for the portion sizes. (And drinks - €6 for a small bottle of wine! I’m used to paying that for a glass so was happy!)
Not necessarily a place for a romantic fine dining as more of a fast food feel but great to stop off for lunch, would recommend.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Everything great and delishes! Fresh and tasty food, friendy stuff, big portions, normal prices. Recomended!

Reviewed September 17, 2019

We went here more than once in our fortnight in Malaga (four times I think). It was good to "escape" the invariable round of tapas, grilled and fried fish (not that there is anything wrong with them, we ate loads of it as well). However we smelled the asian aroma as we walked past and gave it a go. Now this is not a place to go for a romantic dinner, you go there to eat cheaply. The meals are "one dish" meals served in wooden bowls based mainly on rice (couple of noodle dishes)and you choose, go in and pay and they bring them to you when they have been (freshly) cooked. There are seats outside and some table inside. Portions are very good and the average cost of a complete meal is 10 euros, with a pint of beer 2.80. Wine is served in half bottles for 6 euros. We had no issue with service with it being very polite by young staff at all times. Now the food is good. It may not be your top end Thai but you ain't paying top end prices. I have an Asian background and never eat Chinese take-away meals (they are all rubbish). I do cook Chinese and Thai at home and I found the food here as good as if not better than I would cook at home (I don't eat in places where the food is worse than I can have at home). This place is a cross between a good take-away and a restaurant. Slightly more expensive than the former but much cheaper than the latter. We went here 3 or 4 times and always came away more than happy and never having spent more than 25 euros.