“An abosolute gem!”

Malaga Glass and Crystal Museum Admission Ticket
Ranked #3 of 222 things to do in Malaga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The museum is located in a crefully restored 18th century house, where we can browse through the history of humanity by means of the glass. Opening hours: Tuesday to Sunday, from 11am to 7pm.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Having visited the Picasso Museum (rather disappointing) my friends and I walked through the fasinating back streets to the Museum of Glass and Crystal. We spent two hours + enthralled by the owner's enthusiasim and knowledge of his wonderful collection of paintings, glass, furniture and crystal displayed simpathetically in his beautiful house. I cannot recommend this museum highly enough - make the time to visit!

3  Thank CarolVB

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I went to the museum and saw the beautiful nativity scene made of Lladro porcelain. There were 75 pieces and most of them were collector's items, since Lladro had long stopped the production on those pieces. This nativity scene was very unique in Spain. This museum is also very unique in Spain and besides the glass and crystal displays, the museum is like a decorative arts museum because there is period furniture displayed, with beautiful paintings. My favorite painting is of a beautiful young woman dressed in red, who is in the bloom of youth. She was the Marquesa de Cubas and the painting was done in Paris in the 1920's.

1  Thank BennyMalaga
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I came with friends and family to Malaga and we took a guided tour of the museum. Our guide turned out to be a true inspiration. The glass and crystals were amazing and his commentary excellent. I walked around with a smile on my face for the whole day. Do not miss!

1  Thank Bjorn
Reviewed February 10, 2013

A guided tour by the impassioned owner who has collected stained glass, furniture and all kinds of glassware from Egyptian through Roman to the present day. Absolutely worth every penny.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We were not sure what to expect as we weaved our way through the Malaga streets to find this Glass Museum. However we were greeted and shown around this delightful old house which has been lovingly restored by the three owners who are cousins, two Spaniards and a delightful English gentleman who showed us around and gave us a most interesting tour viewing a large collection of glass pieces and stained glass windows. Definitely worth a visit when in Malaga.
Four Geordies.