This hotel is small, friendly and relatively easy to find.
I have two criticisms, both of which were raised at the hotel itself.
First, all beds are twins. On Lastminute,com I booked a double room. Twin was not mentioned anywhere. I am always careful to check. I even wrote in the special comments box that I wanted a double bed. Our room had twin beds. I pointed out that I had requested a double and the receptionist told me that all there is in Malaga/Andalucia is twins, even in five star establishments. This is simply not true as this was our fifth Andalucian hotel in two weeks and the first to have twin beds. The standard advise is just to push them together, but someone always ends up falling down the gap. I think that if I am paying a decent sum, it is reasonable to receive what I requested. If they're unable to fulfil this request, then it should be made clear to I can consider possibly rebooking elsewhere. I feel a bit like I have been tricked and once you're being shown the room by a member of staff it's just a little bit too late to start arguing and trying to rebook - so genuinely not pleased about this.
Secondly, the free WIFI which is used as a selling point was too weak to work in our room. I am using iPad 3 and iPhone 4 so no issues with my equipment. Only option is to sit in breakfast room, which is not ideal.
Other than this, the hotel is small and friendly. Breakfast is fine.
I probably would not stay again, as I really hate the twin bed thing, but if you and your partner don't really get on and don't like to be close to one another then it'll be fine.
Overall would be 4 stars with a double bed
Service would have been 4 stars if we'd been served up a double bed.
Value would be four stars with a double bed.
Sleep quality would be 4 stars with a double bed.
I hate to write a poor review, but I did raise these things at the time and nothing was done so I feel I am able to mention these things here. Clearly a bed is critical in the hotel rating. Had I had a double bed it would have been a four star review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The decor of the rooms as the rest of the house is especially careful and elegant, emulating the original construction of the building and personalizing each one with different wallpaper, paint, curtains and design headboards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Casa de las Mercedes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Las Mercedes Hotel Malaga
- Casa De Las Mercedes Malaga, Spain - Costa Del Sol