“Bougainvilla all over!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 32 Malaga B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Bougainvilla all over!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a splendid place! Excellent hosts, beautifully furnished . The beach and downtown is only a stroll away. Yummy breakfast for a very low price. The Alicia Guesthouse is definetly worth returning. I cant stop saying nice things about it! Ad the beds - sooo comfy you dont want to get up. All rooms are nice, its even a good choice to stay in one of the rooms wih shared bathrooms. Ah...I love it!!

Room Tip: They have 2 rooms with a huge terrace and stunning view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank am267992

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed in this guest house last year during the Christmas season. It was really lovely. The location is ideal and it is easy to walk anywhere. You can walk easily to the sea, into a forest area or into town. It's also very easy to get to the airport. Also, the house itself is stunning. The rooms were well maintained and clean, as well as the shared kitchen. It was beautiful eating lunch on the balcony in the sunshine. The staff were really helpful. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My girlfriend and I spent 5 nights at Villa Alicia in August 2013. The guesthouse has a great independent feel, with a quirky reception area.

We stayed in two different rooms, one with a shared bathroom and one en-suite. Both rooms were great and were decorated in a Spanish style with a modern-unique twist. The shared bathroom was every clean and as it was shared with only a very small number of rooms (3 I think) we never had to wait to use it. The en-suite bathroom was huge.

The kitchen was kept very clean by guests and staff and we enjoyed cooking in there on a couple of evenings. The Villa benefits from a great terrace at the front of the property where you can eat, drink, read and just generally chill out.

The Villa is a ten minute walk from the centre and twenty minute walk from Malaga's main beach and the staff were very friendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JonnyMiller
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a great stay at the Villa Alicia Guest House. First thing we noticed was the nice smell of jasmine flowers. Our room was comfortable, light, clean and cosy. Breakfasts in the morning were great: outside on the terrace, good coffee, fresh tomato rasp, cheese, olive oil.

We were also given great advice on what to do and see and on how to continue our trip in Andalusia. It's a 10 minute walk from the centre. Would definitely recommend it!

Room Tip: The rooms differ in size. First night we stayed in a rather small room. The following nights we had...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marbella, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is the second time we've visited this charming villa 20 minutes walk from the centre of Málaga. The rooms are comfortable well cleaned. We have travelled extensively in Andalucia and really enjoy the laid back vibe of this cool little guest house. We'll be back soon.

Room Tip: Chill out and get into the Málaga vibe....you'll get parked eventually.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
west vancouver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I are in Spain for 5 weeks and we have mostly been travelling by bus but we decided for one week when we were in the Malaga, Costa del Sol and Ronda area we would hire a car. When I was booking our accommodations in Malaga, I asked particularly about what parking would be available at the Villa Alicia. I was told that there was plenty of street parking and that is was very safe and that the Guest House was very easy to find. Neither turned out to be true. We were arriving from Granada and the only information we received was to find Plaza de Merced and then drive toward Plaza de la Victoria. There was no other information. We were not told about needing to come to the city center, about the tunnel or anything else that would have been helpful. I phoned the Guest House to ask for directions when we arrived and weren't sure where to go and was told that they didn't know where we were (I said we were opposite the Stadium) but they couldn't help.

Eventually, with a lot of other help, we found the Guest House. There was NO street parking and our host was not present. Her cleaning woman was, but she did not speak any English. Fortunately, another guest had arrived and she was able to translate. When I asked about parking I was told that the only parking available was several blocks away and was unsupervised. We have a rental car and the reason I booked Villa Alicia was because I was assured there was safe, local parking.

Our host was supposed to return by 5 pm so we decided not to book in until we had had an opportunity to talk with her about the parking issue. She could not have been less helpful. She maintained that she had never said there was parking available, that is was not assured. When I said I had only booked with her because of her assurance about parking she said I could leave any time I liked but if I didn't pay she would call the police. So, I said "Call the police!" but of course she didn't
She said I was being unreasonable in expecting safe parking and that she had never suggested that was available and that she would certainly not refund my deposit.

When I said I would be posting on Trip Advisor, she said "Go ahead. I will just say that you never stayed here!" And then said "Get out of my house!" And, in fact, we never did stay there

So, beware! This is not a woman who stands behind her promises.

When we arrived, I asked to look at the room we had booked and again I was disappointed. The room was very small, the bathroom was miniscule and the bed, when I tried it, was lumpy.

We had just come from Granada where we stayed at Hostal Rodri for 45 Euros per night and it was absolutely wonderful. We have found another place to stay in Malaga and we would suggest you do the same

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank onthego32
VILLALICIA, Gerente at Villa Alicia Guest House, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Madam:
We are sorry for your disappointment with our hostel. Answering I will not change that but I will try to clarify certain misunderstandings.
About your dificulties to find our hostel, you made your reservation directly with our website so you had available both explanations, one to drive to the hostel and you ahve also a location map. Plaza de la Merced is one of the most important Squares in Málaga and from the Hostel to that square there are 950 meters (measured on the map of google), walking is 11 minutes driving less than four minutes, Victoria Street is 600 meters. You will understand it is very difficult for us to indicate how to come if you were not able to know where you were and indicate this to us.
In regard to parking , you had the information you needed on our website, we haven´t Parking service, we explain you can park "on the street" (we never say otherwise, or on the web, or directly) and "the street "is safe, we mean, there are no thefts, but even that can always be subjective, the truth is this a very safe area.
Finally , the room you had measures 14,5 M2 (including the bathroom, 12,5M2 room+2M2 bathroom), is a room with a sunny window overlooking the main facade, you also had access to the photos on our website, and sure the room is not little, and it is not my opinion, it is a quiestion of square meters.
Although in our opinion the hostel is not responsible for the issues I've mentioned and you left without paying at least the first night of the three that you had booked you threatened to write a fierce review on tripadvisor as you has finally made
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

The hotel is located just 10/15 minutes from city center in a quiet residential area.
The girls at reception are very nice and helpful, they gave us good advices how to visit the city and where to eat (for example the Pedregalejo, the perfect place to have good fish in Malaga).
Once we arrived we were proposed a room upgrade to the top floor double room with a wonderful view of Malaga for a very good price (of course we got it).
It’s possible to have good breakfast for a reasonable price.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED