“As good as it gets!”

Tapeo de Cervantes
Ranked #8 of 2,209 Restaurants in Malaga
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Schedule:18:00 to 24:00 Closed on Mondays. Horarios:18:00 a 24.00 Cerrado los lunes
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Like this wonderful place needs another review. Just a "Thank You" to all the reviewers before that made me want to go here when we were in Malaga. It was an overall great experience. Yes, the place is packed and cramped quarters, but that all adds to the fun. Almost everything we ordered was beyond delicious. The braised pork dish was melt in your mouth unbelievable, and the blood pudding amazing. The tempura gambas were just okay, though. Wonderful flan as well!

I can't believe that we had 8 tapas, of this caliber, and a bottle of Spanish red for under 50 euros. We did have a slight problem because we had reserved through The Fork, but I had the printout of the reservation and the owner did seat us. We saw many tables turned away with no reservations, so it is important to have them.

This is a must visit place for us when in Malaga. We will be there again in June and can't wait to eat at Cervantes!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,330)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Having earlier spent the day at Lake Vinuela where I asked the most important question of my life, we wanted to toast to our engagement. Malaga’s number 1-rated restaurant seemed appropriate and it didn’t disappoint. Tapeo de Servantes is only a miniscule place – just a few tables so booking is essential. It’s quite cramped but has a great atmosphere and most importantly, the food is exceptional. We enjoyed a bottle of local wine, and an assortment of small plates: red pepper cod; seasoned chicken in lemon basmati rice; veal with peppers & mushrooms; rocket red berry salad with goat’s cheese; tuna with fried aubergine & pumpkin mash. For desert – choc & vanilla ice cream with berries desert. A very memorable day.

1  Thank Berliner_Frankie
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went here for my wife's birthday last year after reading about it on tripadvisor. The place is really small and only have 7 tables, so either book in advance or be prepared to wait for a table. Oh my, was it worth a wait? Exceptional tapas and our expectation were exceeded. Good atmosphere and service. I would highly recommend you visit if you are in Malaga and try as many tapas as possible.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I saw this place on tripadvisor while I was studying abroad in Malaga. I was preparing for my mom's visit and our impending "foodie" tour of malaga. This was by far our favorite place and we ate here 3 times! Everytime the food was amazing. We always ordered tapas sizes and split maybe 4 or 5 diffeferent small plates. They were all delicious along with the large abundance of spanish wines. The restaurant itself is an adorable little nook near the cervantes theater in centro Malaga. Its a great spot to go before hitting the bars or before going to a great flamenco show as we did. This place is a must for its amazing spanish food and quaint atmosphere.

1  Thank Lauren G
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a gem of a place - friendly, quirky and exceptional good value. I plumped for the special tapas on the blackboard - all of them - and was rewarded with a mouthwatering treat. Wine, service, atmosphere, all wonderful. Wish I hadn't discovered it on my last night in Andalucía!

1  Thank DermodM