After arriving at 11 o'clock at night off a tiring flight, I wanted nothing more than to reach my hotel and fall into bed. However, we had to take a 15 minute bus journey from the airport to the hotel which describes itself as the "airport hotel". On being deposited at the bus stop in pitch black darkness, we had to find our way over a large bridge along a street and look around to find the hotel we were looking for. There were no signs all. Eventually we found it, after looking around forms further quarter of an hour.
On arriving at the hotel, we waited, had our passports checked, our rooms checked and were given our key cards. All very satisfactory.
We went to our rooms, deposited our luggage and set about getting g ready for bed. The room was lovely, spacious, had specialised tables for our baggage and the beds were neatly laid out. The bathroom was warm, clean and had notices up about Eco friendly washing and cleaning - all very good!
The beds were very supportive of he two bad backs in the family, comfortable for those without the bad backs and very lean. However, they could have been a little warmer - the only covering we were provided with was a single blanket each, which would have been fine but for the extremely good air conditioning. The lights were difficult to understand - it took us until the following morning to work out where the bathroom switch was.
The shower was warm, refreshing and clean. The towels were soft and clean.
We went to breakfast (provided free) the morning after w arrived and found the pan au chocola delicious - big they soon ran out, the jam was palatable, but we were unable to put it on the delicious toast because there was a strange absence of knives. The sesame seed rolls were lovely and the hot chocolate, tea and coffee were all nice enough.
We sat in the lounge waiting for our parents to bring the hire car and were here presented with another problem. No information about hire cars, busses or other transport. We had hired a car from the airport. But the buses only went to the airport from the nearest bus stop once an hour. We did not know this as there were no timetables. Luckily, someone else very kindly offered my parents session in the taxi they had hired to circumvent this problem. This whole issue could have been avoided if, when booking our holiday online, we had been told that there was a hire car garage next door.
The hire car eventually arrived and we departed. A nice hotel, nothing spectacular.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the closest Hotel to MÃ¡laga International Airport. The brand new Holiday Inn Express MÃ¡laga Airport is a comfortable and modern establishment ideally suited for both the Business and Leisure Traveller. If your flight is arriving late or you have an early departure time, and need a comfortable and familiar place to stay, this is the ideal place to stop over. SPECIAL OFFER:If you reach the Hotel via Public Transport (Bus 19) we will reimburse the Bus Ticket. Don't Miss Out!! Inaugurated on the 26th of June, 2008 its fantastic location makes it the ideal base camp to start off your day in the Malaga Area. Located directly on the N340 Motorway and with easy access & connections to all major city ring roads, the Holiday Inn Express MÃ¡laga Airport is surrounded by the Business Parks of Guadalhorce, Villa Rosa, and San LuÃs; and only a 2 minute drive (800m) from the Airport!For the leisure traveller the Hotel is next to MÃ¡laga's main beaches such as Guadalmar, Torremolinos and BenÃ¡lmadena as well as MÃ¡laga City Centre.In the morning, we offer a delicious COMPLIMENTARY Continental Buffet Breakfast to all our guests! Both Wi-Fi and High Speed Internet Access (HSIA) are available (at a charge).And now we offer a Limited Dining Service (Monday-Thursday) in our 'Restaurante La Biznaga' for 12 Euros + VAT. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Malaga Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Malaga Airport Hotel Malaga
- Holiday Inn Express málaga
- Holiday Inn málaga
- málaga Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Malaga Airport Spain - Costa Del Sol