“One of the best in Malaga”
Review of El Chinitas

El Chinitas
Ranked #282 of 2,047 Restaurants in Malaga
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Malaga”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Cannot recommend this place enough. One of their specials is steak in Malaga wine sauce and it has to be one of the best dishes I have ever had. Lovely place and cannot wait to return.

Visited November 2011

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“The traditional flavour of old Malaga”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We went on a recomendation to El Chinitas in the heart of Malaga. We were warmly welcomed and offered a comfortable table near the middle of the restaurant. This is one of Malaga's oldest and most famous of restaurants with marvelous art on the walls depicting famous matadors and flamenco dancers. The service was good without being fast and the staff were helpful in assisting us with our choices. I had the Garbanza soup which was chick pea and carrot and chicken.Delicious next we all had the Lenguado Sole and this was cooked to perfection the only criticism was that the vegetables were look warm which did take away slightly from an otherwise delightful meal. Overall it was very good and worth it just to soak in the true Malaga atmosphere

• Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We went to have dinner expecting good Spanish food (Frommer's recommendation) but I have to say I was not impressed at all. Every dish we ordered could have been better.

• Visited September 2011
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“It seems I went to a different restaurant to some of your reviewers”
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Unashamedly traditional Spanish restaurant and the best meal I have had this year. The walls are adorned with pictures of toreos with more than a passing resemblance to some of the staff and the owner who was sitting by the door. The decor was perhaps a little tired but it added to the atmosphere of this restaurant

Portions are enormous and my wife and I made the mistake of ordering two starters. We could barely get through the starters let alone the main course.

Their revuelto El Chinitas was the best revuelto I have ever eaten. The plate of chipirones was piled up and enough to feed 4. Both were hot and freshly cooked. My wife had a fish cooked on the bone, again freshly cooked and taken from the bone at the table by the waiter. I had three large pieces of wild boar fillet cooked to perfection.

However if you do not like very traditional Spanish food you may not like this restaurant.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank piggymoore
northern England
“"Though art neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth"!”
Reviewed April 15, 2011

A long wait. Items not available from the menu. Very poor service. When the tapas arrived some of the food was hot but the remainder on the plate was warm. Not a pleasant flavour, had to leave most of it (very unusual for us);worried about food poisoning.

• Visited April 2011