“Not that bad”

Restaurante Strachan
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Restaurante Strachan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #302 of 2,112 Restaurants in Malaga
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Brussels, Belgium
“Not that bad”
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We went there without reading the reviews before. For me honestly it's not that bad. We have ordered a mixed tapas 7, 90 €, deep fried anchovies rond 6 €,grilled big prawn 9 €.
The prawns was fresh and sweet, anchovies was nothing special but aldo not too bad. They were served without side dish, but for us was more than enough. The bread was served for free. Some dish of tapas was not tasty.
Friendly staff.

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Drammen, Norway
“Expensive and bad food”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Had the grilled king prawns. It was just the prawns with a ton of salt. Not peeled. Half om them where rotten and tasted bad. Had to pay extra for any accesories such as fries. Cold and fatty fied potato chips, not crunchy at all.
Stay away! This was the most expensive place we visited during our trip to malaga. The worst meal I've ever had at a restaurant.

“Mixed views”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were a group of six people spending a long weekend in Malaga, and this was the first restaurant/tapas bar we visited. I chose the Arroz Negro con alioli, which was sublime (it was the meal I enjoyed most during our five days there), but there were some dishes which the others ordered which were disappointing. The potatoes with a spicy sauce (patatas bravas?) were just sautéd potatoes with what tasted like thousand island dressing, and the meat balls were very lack lustre.The paella was lovely, and also the fish . All in all a little bit of a mixed bag.

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Expensive!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and i visited this restaurant for tapas on our first night in malaga. The food was ok, it wasnt anything to write home about...id definitely say it was average. We had 4 tapas dishes, 1 glass of local wine and a soft drink....and was shocked when our bill came to €60! We have since visited various restaurants in malaga and have to say that you can find MUCH better food elsewhere for a lot less money.

Minehead, United Kingdom
“Croquettes are great but not the steak(or Ox)”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited this restaurant and the service was at first very helpful....
We ordered a bottle of white wine which was not available but they recommended an alternative which was good.
My starter of mixed croquettes were light and tasty and my wife's Caesar salad was also fine.
I chose what I translated as steak or Ox as it was described in the menu and my wife had Langoustines.
The Ox was inedible,tough and fatty,and I requested they change it which they did for Pork cheek in red wine and this was excellent!
I think the waitress was a bit fed up by the end of the meal and she threw the bill down and walked off!
Good restaurant but steak is different down here!

• Visited October 2013