Stayed at the Barceló for 5 nights. On arrival we were allocated rooms on ground floor but at the back of the hotel...discovered our view was a brick wall! Room was super hot and items in minibar were hot too. Immediately went to front desk and requested that our friends and I be moved. The receptionist was extremely apologetic and seemed to expect this request however the hotel was apparently full and said she couldn't move us until the next day.
After an extremely hot night in the room we spoke to reception in the morning and were asked to return at lunchtime. When we returned we were met by another very helpful lady on reception who then took the time to take us to a few rooms that had become vacant and asked us for our preference. We moved to two beautiful rooms, still on the ground floor, but with a lovely pool view!
Rooms were very comfortable, bed was amazingly comfy. Air Con is not able to be set below 19.5c, I personally find this too high and wished we had been able to set a little lower.
Bathrooms and décor was immaculate.
Facilities around the pool area were really really nice. Pool was beautiful and stunningly clean! Sunbeds were mega comfy. Pool towels are provided from reception.
The pool bar was a great little set up, bar staff were super friendly and helpful.
The absence of screaming children around a pool was noticeably welcome...it was luxury!
Spa area looked stunning although we never used it.
Only fault we would flag up is the underground car park....at 12.50 euros a day it is a dungeon you couldn't swing a cat in!
All in all we had a brilliant holiday at the Barceló, top class service and staff!(Apart from one exception, the young small girl at the pool bar who with the attitude she had, should really not be in the service industry!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only**** Hotel (belonging to the Barceló Hotel Group and formerly Barceló Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only) is a modern hotel recommended for adults (from 16 years old), located on the Costa del Sol, on the new golden mile between Estepona and Puerto Banús, just 600 m from the beach and surrounded by the best golf courses in the area. It is perfectly connected to Marbella (15 minutes away), and Malaga Airport, just 40 minutes along the motorway. The 93 rooms at the hotel have large terraces, some have an area of 70 m² and include their own hydromassage bath. There is also a deluxe apartment with a total surface area of 200 m², capacity for up to 5 people and a 110 m² terrace with hot tub. All the rooms are fully equipped for your convenience and stand out for their comfort and luminosity. Its U-Spa, with an area of 2,000 m², is the best Thalasso centre in Andalusia, with water extracted directly from the Mediterranean, making our Marine Therapeutic Circuit unique. It has more than 35 treatment cabins and offers the most innovative health and beauty services. The hotel also features a Lobby Bar and a Pool Bar, in addition to the Aguamar Restaurant, where you can enjoy a culinary offer that includes the innovative Healthy Gourmet concept. It also features meeting rooms boasting natural light and the latest technology. Enjoy a relaxing holiday only at Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only****. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso And Spa
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso & Spa Hotel Estepona
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso Hotel
- Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa Spain - Costa Del Sol