An impressive room with a comfortable kingsize bed, giant comfy pillows to match - great sleep. Decorated and furnitured to a very high standard. The bathroom is very modern, two sinks, a large bath and the toilet area is seperated by a frosted-glass panel. The only downside is the bath takes a very long time to fill up as the tap is slow running and quite tricky to working out how to use! The room also has a chargable mini-bar and a TV with one English speaking channel (Sky News). Lovely balcony area too.
Nice pool area with comfortable loungers for sunbathing. The waitress is around the pool area to take any drink/food orders. If there is no-one to serve you, there is a telephone for you to call and someone comes right away. The hotel also has a Spa which we didnt use.
Wifi free of charge for your ipad/laptop throughout the whole hotel.
Our board basis was bed and breakfast. Breakfast was a buffet service which had a good choice of cereals, pastries, fruit, fried eggs, sausages, bacon, etc... these were set-out/ cooked nicely. My only negative is, I did order a caesar salad during my stay which was a little 'soggy' and the dressing didn't taste too great - that said, my friends ordered different dishes and enjoyed them.
Situated in a remote area near the motorway, there are only one or two bars/restaurants within walking distance. It is a taxi ride into Estepona town or Port which is around €18 one way - expensive round trip each day/night. There are some nice restaurants and bars in Estepona port. I personally wasn't that fussed on Estapona town itself, it was very quiet although a good traditional Spainish experience. I would definately recommend visitng Puerto Banus which is a €20 one way taxi ride. A gorgeous port where some of the rich and famous moor their yachts. Stylish bars and restaurants serving beautiful food plus a long list of designer shops (ie. Dolce & Gabanna, Cartier, etc...).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only**** Hotel (belonging to the Barceló Hotel Group and formerly Barceló Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only) is a modern hotel recommended for adults (from 16 years old), located on the Costa del Sol, on the new golden mile between Estepona and Puerto Banús, just 600 m from the beach and surrounded by the best golf courses in the area. It is perfectly connected to Marbella (15 minutes away), and Malaga Airport, just 40 minutes along the motorway. The 93 rooms at the hotel have large terraces, some have an area of 70 m² and include their own hydromassage bath. There is also a deluxe apartment with a total surface area of 200 m², capacity for up to 5 people and a 110 m² terrace with hot tub. All the rooms are fully equipped for your convenience and stand out for their comfort and luminosity. Its U-Spa, with an area of 2,000 m², is the best Thalasso centre in Andalusia, with water extracted directly from the Mediterranean, making our Marine Therapeutic Circuit unique. It has more than 35 treatment cabins and offers the most innovative health and beauty services. The hotel also features a Lobby Bar and a Pool Bar, in addition to the Aguamar Restaurant, where you can enjoy a culinary offer that includes the innovative Healthy Gourmet concept. It also features meeting rooms boasting natural light and the latest technology. Enjoy a relaxing holiday only at Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa - Adults Only****. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso & Spa Hotel Estepona
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso And Spa
- Selenza Estepona Thalasso Hotel
- Occidental Estepona Thalasso Spa Spain - Costa Del Sol