“Not up to usual standards”
Review of Mumbai Masala

Mumbai Masala
Ranked #57 of 569 Restaurants in Estepona
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

We have been here a number of times in recent years. And we're very disappointed that things have changed, for the worse.
We visited twice on separate weeks and told on both occasions kema nan was impossible. The deciding factor not to go back again was when I was told an Americana coffee was also impossible. So we have given up. The food we had was ok. And prices very good. But the service has sadly deteriorated. If not impossible!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed September 28, 2018

We have been before ,so decided to return.
Lovely setting overlooking the Marina.
Had a very nice seat ,and we were offered drinks.
So far ,so good.
Pint of Mahon for me and wine for my wife.
The beer was in a frosted glass...beer with ice floating inside was not my idea of a quality drink...hey ho ,I am english,let's not complain.
Popadoms and very bland dips arrived,then we waited for our starters prawn purée.
I now realised why there was an Arctic ice flow in my beer ,it was to overcome the amount of salt in our starters!
Both of us looked at each other as we could not believe how heavy handed the chef was with the salt.
Inedible!
Still we thought give them a chance...ask the waiter to change it...we had a pleasant seat after all.
A young Spanish waiter came across.
Mucho Sal we said...no bueno.He did not understand,perhaps it was my Northern English accent.
Uno momento ..he said.Fine we waited for the senior waiter to arrive,who spoke perfect English.
We explained and he merely walked away without further discussion or offering any kind of solution.
So ,we waited a further 10 minutes waiting for our mute waiter to return,but in the end we voted with our feet...left 20 euros for the drinks and popadoms.
Went to the adjoining restaurant Amura and had an exceptional meal with cracking service.
Perhaps we got this restaurant on a bad night,but they got it so wrong.
More training for the chef and waiters...a really bad experience that left us dumbfounded.

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

Hi guys,
Went to this curry restaurant in the marina, what a delight!, excellent menu for all tastes, service attentive, price uk comparable, had the mixed starter for two, pakora, tiki chicken, samosa,Onion bargi
Followed by a great lamb Danshak and chicken sagawala -€ 45 with wine and lovely setting- recommend

1  Thank O5833PGkeithm
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Amazing food and really friendly staff, I’m not usually a big fan of curry and hate spicy food but the mild chicken curry was delicious and so was the cheese/garlic naan, onion bhajis and sangria. Something for everyone and a lovely experience - thank you so much!

Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

Was here several times during my stay in Estepona and this was my favourite, by far. Love the staff, they are very kind and the food is highly recommended. Prices are great.