“Helpful and Friendly”

Happy Divers Marbella & IDC College
More attraction details
Owner description: The diving and watersports centre Happy Divers Marbella & IDC College is located directly on the beach at the Atalaya Park Hotel (near San Pedro). Divers are taught from beginners to instructor level and beyond. The Resort is a full service facility with pools and classroom on site and offers a complete range of courses from Seal Team for kids, Discover Scuba Diving to Career Development. Daily diving brings you to the stunning dive sites between Marbella and Estepona, day trips to the dive sites around Gibraltar, Tarifa and Nerja. Happy Divers Marbella & IDC College is operating since 1996 and is today the highest rated PADI dive centre in Spain - the only PADI 5* Career Development Centre (CDC), PADI 5* IDC Centre, PADI IE location and the first ever National Geographic and PADI TecRec dive centre in Spain. There is no other dive company with the experience, skills and ability to give you such a choice of Mediterranean diving and diver and instructor training options.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Myself and a friend joined in for a dive one morning. We are both experienced divers and found that Happy Divers was exactly what we wanted at that period. The staff were very helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable on the dive site. The dive itself was very relaxing consisting of a shallow shore dive out to a 300 year old ship wreck.

1  Thank Michael D
HappyDiversMarbella, Owner at Happy Divers Marbella & IDC College, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you very much for leaving us a review. Great you liked diving with us. Looking forward to see you again diving with us, discovering more and different dive sites.

All reviews
"discipline"
"beginners"
"lesson"

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Me and my daughter spent several days with the team (Danny, Tomas, Sebastian, Peter and Nadia) and had great fun.
My daugter took her Open Water License + EANx and we visited dive sites around Estepona, San Pedro and Gibraltar.
Excellent service and attention overall.
Best dives in Gibraltar but also the 300y old Barca outside San Pedro was great.
I fully recommend Happy Divers that offers high quality training with excellent results.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

The diving with Happy Divers was a disappointment, Me and my girl friend we schedule 16 dives costing 35 euros each. On the first day we dive from ​​the beach ... without a boat (they don't have a boat .....) ... 35 º C, my girl friend weighs 45 kg, had to drag the equipment back to the sea ... at the second she got cold and can not do it. Anyway the others divers have not found the spot and dive master aborted the dive . We gave up. Anyway we had to pay 150 euros for the day diving ... one dive at 6 meters deep,,, but hey , with dive with nitrox 32 % at 6 meters (???????????????) . The people was super, except the owner, Peter Deth , that was surely having a bad day ...

7  Thank ruisspereira
HappyDiversMarbella, Owner at Happy Divers Marbella & IDC College, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your comments. As the only PADI Career Development Center and National Geographic dive center on the Costa del Sol, we have many dive sites to choose from - including boat dives, and the shore dive to a 300 year old historic wreck is one our most popular.
As our client safety is our highest priority, we naturally always dive with Nitrox. I have checked with the other clients diving with you on that day, and the staff - they all enjoyed the dive and the site, so I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your diving in the Mediterranean.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I received wonderful help and service from Happy Divers, right from my very first email enquiry. I was quite nervous as it was the first time I had dived since completing my open water, but all the staff at Happy Divers were very friendly and helpful and made me feel at my ease. The equipment was excellent and the day well planned and organised. I had a wonderful day diving and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having got back into diving in Bonaire last January, I decided to use my week in Spain in March to improve my skills and, hopefully, upgrade my PADI qualification. I chose Happy Divers having seen an ad in my husband's dive magazine - and I'm glad I did. March weather in the Costa del Sol is never reliable so, as I was not reckoning on topping up my Bonaire tan, I decided to use the time to benefit my diving. Happy Divers proved a really professional outfit: a good dive shop expertly overseen by boss Peter, and well supported by Nadia whose expertise and enthusiasm are awesome, as well as by Daniel and Daniella. Well, it rained, so diving was a good decision, and everyone at Happy Divers was flexible in facilitating my training in the face of some rough seas and the fact that I turned up full of a cold. We had a day out in Gibraltar to do the practical sessions for two of my specialties. This was interesting as there is far more sea life to be seen there due to the fact that the Brits don't allow the Spanish to fish around their territorial waters! That tells you something about the paucity of fish etc generally in the Med. Nadia made the underwater navigation easy with her tips and tricks for using the compass which also helped with search and recovery. So together with my deep dive and wreck dive in Gibraltar, and my PPB dive down the coast at Punto Atalaya where the sea was calmer, I achieved my Advanced Open Water qualification. The environment was quite challenging for me as I have dived only in the Caribbean in the past. But I enjoyed it all thanks to the professional skills and attention of the whole team at Happy Divers who I cannot recommend too highly.