“Fantastic Tennis Club”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tennis Club”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went there for the first time in March 2013. Very friendly atmosphere and with players of all abilities. Sergio (the Director and Head Coach) and his team are first class!

This was the review I wrote of the club after being so impressed.

BEL AIR TENNIS CLUB – Marbella (Costa del Sol) REVIEW
Tennis Holiday March/April 2012
Firstly, this is a proper tennis club. What I mean by this is that it is a club for people who love playing the game of tennis no matter what level. This not a place just to belong to some sort of exclusive club and pose around. There plenty of those clubs around Marbella if that’s what you are looking for.
Secondly, I challenge anyone to find a tennis club that is more welcoming and make you feel at home around the Marbella area or in Costa del Sol for that matter. I don’t think you will find one.
I had e-mailed a list of clubs from England to find a club that would offer me a mixture of private lessons, some arranged singles and doubles for 2 weeks.
Well, the only club that came through was Bel Air Tennis. Victoria who works in reception organized a thoroughly planned schedule after liaising with Jason Fry who is one of the coaches there.
Once I got there, I was extremely pleased to see how relaxed and welcome everyone made my friend and I feel.
Extremely friendly reception/bar staff, to the coaches and Sergio the head coach and director of the club. It’s only later on that I found that even Sergio had been consulted and had actively been involved in my schedule. Talk about attention to detail! How many clubs or organizations will go to this length? Not many that I know of.
So how did my 2 weeks go? Firstly the coaching was great. Relaxed but hard work, yet pin pointing on the areas that need improvement. Thank you Jason and Xavi.
After seeing my level of play (beginner/intermediate) I was allowed to join this delightful group of twelve gentlemen who play doubles regularly every Tuesday and Sat. This group is headed by a fantastic gentleman by the by the name of George. Everyone knows George in the club! You get my meaning. George is 67 (hope he doesn’t mind me saying this) but plays like a 35yr old. Very canny player.
The club is very clean, prices are very reasonable, has a lovely atmosphere and you feel like staying there forever.
Heartfelt thanks to Jason, Xavi, Victoria and George.
Special thanks to Sergio, all his team and also his wife for making my 2 week tennis holiday a very welcoming and thoroughly enjoyable experience.
If you want a tennis holiday, no matter what standard you are, then head to Bel Air Tennis club. They will not only sort out a tailor made schedule to suit you, but you will feel like it is your second home and will want to head back every time. This is what I am going to do at the first opportunity.
SG

Visited July 2012
2 Thank SHYAM G

Wetherby, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great location, very friendly knowledgeable staff and a lovely cafe and tennis shop. Coaching is first rate whether if be for Padel or standard tennis. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Karen C
Nueva Andalucia, Spain
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great for young & old alike”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've been visiting Bel Air Tennis Club on and off for 10 years and what it lacks in terms of up to the minute facilities it more than makes up for in terms of atmosphere and comprehensive availabilty of coaching for all levels and for residents and visitors alike. The owner Sergio is a familiar face at the club and former national singles senior champion. Other coaches Javi and Jason are great too - keep it up!

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A PROPER FAMILY TENNIS CLUB”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My Son is a mad keen tennis player. Though we only visit on and off, the staff were very friendy and welcoming and went the extra mile to get him games against other local lads. Good choice of surfaces and the bar and cafe area is great for tennis Mum's and Dad's. overall a great family tennis club, highly recommended

Visited August 2012