“Great traditional Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Simply a fabulous great great value Italian - No big frills - traditional dishes - fabulous wood fired oven pizzas & unctuously indulgent lasagne full of Mozzarella - not what you cook at home - but an indulgent dish & not too large.

The house Rose @ €3.00 a glass was a fantastic deep rose coloured Savignon Blanc spanking with flavour. The best the dancer & I have had locally.

Overall run by genuine Italians speaking Italian, although our Jose didn't - but I'm sure he's learning :)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

It's not often I type a review while still travelling but this restaurant prompted me to. We dined this last Sunday evening which was chilly and the restuarant provided a warm pleasant atmosphere. The staff were genuinely welcoming and friendly and when visiting a foreign country it is very much appreciated. We had arrived early shortly after 7:00 but this did not seem to matter to the staff.

We ordered the bottle of house red wine which was a very decent house wine. Next we shared a salad of oranges, walnuts and parmesan cheese and it was very good. Staying in La Duquesa, we were looking for a well reviewed restaurant with good pizza and driving to Estepona was not out of the question to fulfill our desire for pizza. El Rincon Toscana had a wood fired pizza oven and the previous comments on Trip Advisor were positive. We ordered the Hawaiian and Cappricossa pizza and they were thin crusted and excellent. Throughout the staff were attentive, professional and friendly and you will not go wrong choosing this restaurant. Thanks to the staff for a memorable experience our first time in Estepona!

1  Thank flymeaway2
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Dropped in last night for pasta, pizza and a few beers. The thin-crust pizza was nicely done (the mozarella was deliciously creamy) and the penne pasta was simple but very tasty - and there was plenty of it. The little 'extras' like the complimentary limoncello was a very nice touch. Great service too. Best value in Estepona, we'll be back!

1  Thank NoVacancies
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is the best little Italian I have eaten in for a while and certainly the best one I've been in between Gibraltar and Estepona.

First impressions on entry are very favourable with a rustic feel and the proper pizza oven burning away in the restaurant is great - I always love to see the fresh pizzas being made.

The staff are very welcoming indeed with Spanish, Italian and English being spoken and they are the 3 languages I heard, they may speak more!

We only had 1 course each as we'd been pigging out over Christmas already but what we had was superb. Moreover, the menu was extensive and gave more than ample choice for me and my wife who are both vegetarians. I'd love to go back there on a summer's evening and sit outside with a bit more of an appetite.

We had a nice bottle of Italian red wine at 16€, very fresh bread and butter, a bottle of water between us and a coffee each after our pizza and pasta dishes. We felt we had to tell the guy who gave us the bill (who we assumed was the owner as he seemed in charge and was definitely Italian) that the bill was wrong. He had only charged us for 2 glasses of wine instead of the whole bottle. Even with the small error corrected the bill still only came to 41€, which we both thought was very reasonable. We've certainly paid a lot more for far worse quality elsewhere.

This is the sort of restaurant you can go on pretty much most budgets, you can splash out and spend quite a bit with nice wine and several courses or keep it simple, cheap and quick if you're just popping in after work or returning from the beach for a quick pizza for example. The pizza we had was thin and crispy and the dough was properly cooked and the spaghetti with spicy sauce was definitely just made fresh and cooked to perfection, 1 was 8€ and the other just 9€.

Let me climb onto my soap box just for 1 very brief moment, my only criticism of the whole experience there was that the butter with the bread was quite hard and had seemingly just come out of the fridge. Combined with the ultra fresh, very soft bread it was difficult to spread. It's a pet hate of mine, restaurants know clients are coming in so why can't they get the butter nearer to room temperature or just below in advance, especially in winter months. Anyway, pet hate as I say and if that's the only thing I can think of to have a (very) little moan about then you know it's a good restaurant. Back off my box now, you must try this great little Italian restaurant.

El Rincon Toscano, grazie molto per un ottimo pasto!

1  Thank paulinspain
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Everybody enjoyed their food, especially my mother who had the swordfish starter followed by spaghetti and clams. The pasta was good, without being outstanding. The bread and butter was very tasty. Service was efficient. It's not the cheapest place in Estepona - our meal for five cost €127, including starters, mains, desserts and a couple of drinks each.

1  Thank jimpanzee